Costs of Canal Digitaal

monsieurm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Toroidal Dish: 0.8°W, 4.8°E, 9.0/10.0°E, 13.0°E, 16.0°E, 19.2°E, 23.5°E, 28.2/28.5°E
My Location
Germany
Hello everyone,

first of all, I need to emphazise that I got friends living in the Netherlands that can definitely organize a subscription of the desired "Basispakket" for me. So I don't need to resort to any shady offers on the internet.
Though, I haven't been able to get in contact with them yet and since my Dutch is limited I would like to know what the final costs are?
After some research on the internet I am pretty confused. It seems as if Canal Digitaal only sells smartcards. I am not familiar with that since other pay-tv providers "loan" them out and only charge you for activation. So does anyone know if Canal Digitaal offers that service as well. If not then this calculation would be correct?
- 30 € smart card activation costs
- 79 € for the actual smart card
- 9.50 € monthly for the package

All these prices were taken from _www.canaldigitaal.nl

I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum monsieurm

I am sorry I do not know the answer to your question however I have seen a number of threads relating to the same.
By searching for canaldigitaal it brings up these threads which may answer your question

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
monsieurm said:
Hello everyone,

first of all, I need to emphazise that I got friends living in the Netherlands that can definitely organize a subscription of the desired "Basispakket" for me. So I don't need to resort to any shady offers on the internet.
Though, I haven't been able to get in contact with them yet and since my Dutch is limited I would like to know what the final costs are?
After some research on the internet I am pretty confused. It seems as if Canal Digitaal only sells smartcards. I am not familiar with that since other pay-tv providers "loan" them out and only charge you for activation. So does anyone know if Canal Digitaal offers that service as well. If not then this calculation would be correct?
- 30 € smart card activation costs
- 79 € for the actual smart card
- 9.50 € monthly for the package

All these prices were taken from _www.canaldigitaal.nl

I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance!

The cheapest way is to ask help from your friends. I think that all you need is a smartcard and a receiver with Seca CAM encryption support.
Basic is 299 pounds from one of our forum sponsors.
http://www.sateuropa.co.uk/overview.asp?catid=10&subcat=8
If I were you, I would go for a higher sub than the Basic, as once you buy a smartcard, you can't upgrade to something higher, unless it is through your friends.

Jan Luc Piccard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No setup
My Location
Netherlands
1. You'll need the smartcard official price 89 euro.
2. You have to pay for the registration/activation 29,95 euro.
3. your subscription cost monthly
0,00 euro for ned1, ned2 and ned3 only
4,99 euro for so called settop box most dutch public and commercial stations.
9,95 euro for settopbox including eurosport/nat.geographic/animal planet/mtv and others. this is the 'basis pakket'
further more there are more expensive subscriptions if you want.

Again, at the start you have to pay for the smartcard and the activation/registration. Only one time to pay.
The subscription you have to pay monthly.

For the registration you will need an address in holland and also an bank account in holland.

Once all done you can activate or re-activate the card on the canaldigitaal site.

Jan Luc Piccard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No setup
My Location
Netherlands
addition: (sorry)

If you once have a card you can create an account on the canaldigitaal site and easy upgrade your subscription. Take a notice from the fact that the upgrade is done in a blink of an eye but if you want to downgrade your subscription you have to wait until your contract time is passed ( 1 year)

Clog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500 Triax88cm H-H Mount
XP XP Ubuntu
My Location
Amsterdam
This is smalltown Holland.Commercial stations where you must pay for, and if you don't want them, they still will find a way to let you pay to watch your own paid-by-taxpayer's-money public stations.
€110,- for public information, it's ridiculous.Suppose I don't want it ,later. Can my brother or nephew use it, or can I sell it to a 'stranger'.oftewel, zij ze 2ehands te koop? Of ist dass verboten?

Jan Luc Piccard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No setup
My Location
Netherlands
Well if you only want to see the public stations your monthly subscription fee is 0,00 euro but you have to buy a smart card and pay registration costs.

I agree the price of the smart card is ridiculous and also the registration cost are not normal.

Sometimes you can find on 'marktplaats' dot nl used smart cards for little money.
This isn't forbidden. You even can download a subscription transfer document for transfer the card from old owner to the new owner.
But still you need to register the card on your own name and address and pay the registration costs 29,95 euro