Help Required Crestel Satpac decoder - DIN port pinout / manual

philpem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HackRF, SVA1, HackTV... you know... the usual!
My Location
GB
Hey all,

Continuing my trend of buying really old analog satellite scrambling gear... I've picked up an old Crestel CP100 "Matsushita Satpak" decoder.

There's a pretty good article in an old 1989 issue of Elektor about how the scrambling scheme works - but I need to figure out how to wire the decoder up. Has anyone kept the manual for theirs? (long shot I know!)

It's got a 5-pin DIN socket, a "B.B. Selection, PAL/MAC" switch, and a "B. B. Attenuation" pot accessible from the back. From the front, there's a "Auto"/"Man" switch and a "Decoding" LED.

As you might have guessed, I'm toying with adding support to the HackTV transmission software - that is, unless Captain Jack beats me to it...

Cheers
Phil.

philpem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HackRF, SVA1, HackTV... you know... the usual!
My Location
GB
hi !
is there a possibility to have photos of it ? (including the inside !!)

if you are interested in "...really old analog satellite scrambling..." you may have a look at "navragon" that I published on a french forum

regards ....
Sorry for the delay! I did eventually figure out the pinouts, I don't have any photos handy.

It's on my list of scramblers to figure out and add support to HackTV; someone else has also asked me to do Luxcrypt RTL4 so that might happen eventually.

At the moment I'm wrapped up doing the General Instrument cable scrambling, which should get old analog cable boxes working, assuming they still have an active subscription in their memory.

Looks like the linked site has had a move round, the thread is at Cryptage "maison"
That's interesting to me, as the GI scrambling (the Baseband variant) can do video inversion (in addition to sync attenuation) too.