My Location
Middle East - Israel
[iframe]http://www.satellite-newbie.co.uk/sat1/cyfraplus.htm[/iframe]

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
The Cyfra+ Poland is an excellent package with several channels that have original language audio option (English, German, French, etc)
I have no idea why there are two competing packages in Poland. Most countries in Europe have just one package.
Even France have finally merged TPS into Canal Sat (well to be accurate few more weeks till end of December 2008).
The interesting channels for English speaking people is probably the movies channels like HBO, Cinemax, Hallmark, TMC, etc.
Also the knowledge channels like Discovery and National Geographic.
The Polish dubbed channels are just too hard to listen to, as they are not as good as the German dubbing.
There is just one voice (usually male) who speaks instead of both male AND female actors.
My personal interest in this package is that I have been trying to get the HBO and Cinemax option from the Cyfrowy Polsat, but it seems to be quite impossible.
Also they offer Mezzo channel which is going to loose the Viaccess encryption soon when TPS is no longer on Hot Bird 13E.
All I can find is the Family package with either a matched receiver and card or a matched Nagravision CAM and card.
I am hoping that It would be possible to get those options from the Cyfra+.
Unfortunately they don't include the BBC channels which are available in the Cyfrowy Polsat (BBC Entertainment, BBC Knowledge, BBC Lifestyle)
Any leads on website shops that have this package are very welcome. :)

perthkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Blade BM7000s HD receiver with Cccam/Newcamd, Acer Netbook, Netgear 3g wireless 4 port router,Time Athlon XP2400mhz Desktop. 2 x 80cm dishes- lnb1 at 13east,lnb2 at 19east, lnb3 on the 2nd dish for 28.2east Astra 2B south beam. Everything is open now
My Location
South Italy
Hi man, the reason you can't get the BBC Channels on the cards you are looking at is that they are not broadcast to the UK, for anti-competition and copyright reasons. You would need to find a foreign satellite dealer to buy a card/stb package from.
Cyfrowy Polsat will change encryption from Nagra 2 to Nagra 3 pretty soon, I think. Satco DX lists them as Nag2 and 3, so they are testing and I think some channels have gone dark already, so I may have to look at the other (legal) options soon myself.
I wonder if you could buy one in Southern Ireland (Eire)? might be easier as they speak English(ish)!
Cheers, K.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
perthkenny said:
Hi man, the reason you can't get the BBC Channels on the cards you are looking at is that they are not broadcast to the UK, for anti-competition and copyright reasons. You would need to find a foreign satellite dealer to buy a card/stb package from.
Cyfrowy Polsat will change encryption from Nagra 2 to Nagra 3 pretty soon, I think. Satco DX lists them as Nag2 and 3, so they are testing and I think some channels have gone dark already, so I may have to look at the other (legal) options soon myself.
I wonder if you could buy one in Southern Ireland (Eire)? might be easier as they speak English(ish)!
Cheers, K.

Hi perthkenny,
Regarding the BBC channels, I was merely stating a fact that Cyfra+ doesn't include the BBC channels options in any of the options, but Cyfrowy Polsat have them as an option.
There are dealers in the UK, but their price is so high, about 100% more.
They should be cheaper in other countries like Germany and Italy.

w4tt4n4b3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP120 + Inverto Black Premium Twin @ 28.2E
My Location
Greece
Hello, mates. I have noticed that the Cyfra+ package includes Eurosport HD and Espn Classic Europe. Do you happen to know if they have English audio as well?
How much does a package with these 2 channels cost?
Thank you.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
w4tt4n4b3 said:
Hello, mates. I have noticed that the Cyfra+ package includes Eurosport HD and Espn Classic Europe. Do you happen to know if they have English audio as well?
How much does a package with these 2 channels cost?
Thank you.

According to Lyngsat, English audio on both channels.
A package which include these channels is quite expensive outside Poland, as you would need the HD option and a compatible receiver.
Try to get them from another packages or be content with just the ESPN which would be a cheaper option.
Prices 900 Euro-1000 Euro for 12months sub if you are lucky.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
I am into into sport or football in general, but I thought that this might be of interest to our members who like to watch sport or football.
As I remember the Cyfrowy Polsat sport channel was of interest when it was compromised, but the competing Polish satellite provider Cyfra+ has also two sport channels, under the canal + package option.
Here is a link to the sports channels. Although it is in Polish, I am sure that without too much effort, one can see what the schedule is all about.
There is always Google Language Tools.
_http://www.canalplus.pl
_http://www.canalplus.pl/program
Select the two sport options on the left and hit szukaj (=Search)
The Canal + package option is quite reasonable in Poland, which includes two more excellent quality channels for films of recent vintage (2008, 2007, etc.)
Hope that this might be useful.

Nolia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Moterk 2100A motor on Cyfra+ 80cm dish,45'E-37.5W Technomate 6800 HD receiver(Normal).
Windows 7 and Linux.
My Location
Buckinghamshire(H.Wyc)
Yes Eurosport and ESPN Classic definitely are in English. I have seen the channels on Cyfra+.