Diablo cam - suddenly stopped working

mmmggg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung UE46D5700
My Location
Romania
Hi,

as of mid-November 2018, it seems the cable operator adds some more CAIDs to the stream which caused Diablo CAMs (2 and Light) to completely stop descrambling.

Currently, it seems that there are 4 CAIDs in the stream, out of which 2 are N3 and 1 is N2.
It uses only one N2 CAID.

Inside the log, this is what identifies Diablo (only 3 CAIDS) and so, it looks like the ProviderId it detects is 0x000000 and it should be 0x002111.
CaId: 0x1801 - ProvId: 0x000000 - ECM PID: 0x1585
CaId: 0x1880 - ProvId: 0x000000 - ECM PID: 0x15B7
CaId: 0x06BB - ProvId: 0x000000 - ECM PID: 0x15E9

Under the same conditions, the Dragon T-REX (SUPERmodul and TWINmodule ) are working just fine.

Can this be a CAM firmware issue related to a number of supported CAIDs?

Tried several versions without success: IPNosys (up to 0.40), Underworld and Stealth 2.54.

Thank you!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Can this be a CAM firmware issue related to a number of supported CAIDs?

Tried several versions without success: IPNosys (up to 0.40), Underworld and Stealth 2.54.

Thank you!

Very informative but not sure why you made this your first post here this being a satellite TV forum:-clap

mmmggg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung UE46D5700
My Location
Romania
I apologize if I posted in the wrong section/forum. I was hoping that maybe other persons faced similar issues with Diablo CAMs and might point me in the right direction.
If offensive or inappropriate, I apologize once more and please do remove this post.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I apologize if I posted in the wrong section/forum. I was hoping that maybe other persons faced similar issues with Diablo CAMs and might point me in the right direction.
If offensive or inappropriate, I apologize once more and please do remove this post.
Just alluding to the fact that this is not a cable forum, but as there is cam crossover from one to the other, the thread can stay unless someone jumps in and start posting files with suitable fixes in which case they will get banned.

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
I thought discussion of cable "hacking" was strictly not allowed in any form

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The TV in the o/ps profile may have something to do with it

The Samsung UE46D5700 has CI slot and a triple terrestrial, satellite and cable tuner according to the blurb.

mmmggg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung UE46D5700
My Location
Romania
I do have Samsung D and H series. I will look more closely to the available settings.
Thank you Channel Hopper for mentioning this!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hi,

as of mid-November 2018, it seems the cable operator adds some more CAIDs to the stream which caused Diablo CAMs (2 and Light) to completely stop descrambling.

Currently, it seems that there are 4 CAIDs in the stream, out of which 2 are N3 and 1 is N2.
It uses only one N2 CAID.

Presumably they are tightening up the encryption and getting rid of the compromised N2 (Nagra 2 at a guess) If so you will soon be paying for your tv or you will have to do without........

mmmggg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung UE46D5700
My Location
Romania
I think you are right, they might be preparing to drop the N2, but they did not do it yet. There was no change in the N2 configuration as users of T-Rex have no issues.

As a side note, I am paying for the encrypted channels. I am using Diablo instead of the official receiver/cam because of the added flexibility (I hate using two remotes and in the beginning, we were forced to).

It looks to me like a software bug in the Diablo firmware or software that was triggered by a simple change in the content of the stream. I was hoping that someone with some experience with one of the software mentioned (ipnosys, underworld ...). might know what could have triggered this bug.

I have looked for the source code to have a peak but had no success in finding any.

It's more like a learning experience rather than "hacking" as "davemurgtroyd" said.