Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
i hope,i am right here,with this special question!
in this zone!
i want to make an overview,what difrent time zone,each satellite has!

i recogneized,that not every receiver,updates this difrent time,automaticly,but some will do!

i often swtich,from cband,to normal kuband sattelites,and on dm 800 with giminni,my time,is always 5 hours ahead!,from normal cet time!

now i want to find out,whre,in the epg stream,this time data his hidden!
but i dont find,information about it!
the dreambox,dont update the time automaticly,other receivers will do!
but mostly,the user,has no ascendancy on this fact!

on dvb 2000 ,i can set the right time +2 hours for e.g. and then normaly ,but not always,the receiver keep the cet time!

is this time information not a standart,in the dvb norm,that every receiver,handle it diffrent?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
At least one of the Eurobird 1 frequencies ran for months with its clock set about half an hour different to the rest of the craft.

Very noticable on my TM1000 when you could watch the clock on the info bar change between tv channels!

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
I'm not sure what image or model you have, but my DM600 is set to update its time from satellite (you can also choose internet). You also set the timezone so that no matter what sat you are pointed at, the clock shows local time and, EPG data is shown in local time. E.g. If I'm watching German TV, the EPG lists programs in my local time.

I don't know, but I would have thought that the simplest way for this to work would be that all sat transponders would be on standard time, then its up to the receiver to set its own +- offset for local time.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
i think,its difrence,on every enigmal version!
on my old philiphs dbox 2 ,with enigmal,channel names,makes autmatic updates,without do anythink,for example,shotime,or any other transponder,change names,like in the past,or freqency,its update auomaticly,the old names disapeard,and i see the new names,sometimes,it happens,when this not happens over NIT information,that i see the information,deleted service!

on gimini dm 800,enigma,this never happens,after sky italia change,nearly all the freqencys,i make a new search,and now i have the new,and old unsued one,togheter in a list,and often get the error,also on other sattelites nit in pat ,was not found,this is very strange!