Digital Plus without installation

stuartl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax freesat, and a dish with a motor thingy :-)
My Location
uk
I've noticed that D+ now has a 15 euro package which has a basic set of channel, but perfect for us. We have Spanish relatives, a bank account in Spain and my wife is popping over for a few days in June. So I figure we could go ahead and order it, but before we phone them up I would like some advice.....

We do not want them to install a dish, drill holes in the walls etc. at a relatives house. so if we just tell them we already have a dish, will they just send us a box/card to our relatives address? Or do they have to send an installer to set it all up for you?

Many Thanks
Stuart

Max2000

satellite lover
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 8000 + SkyUk full + Toroidal dish with 12 lnbs ( 31.5E, 28.2E, 23.5E, 19.2E, 16E, 13E, 10E, 7E, 4.8E, 0.8W, 4W, 12.5W) + Gibertini 1.25m with smr1224 AZ/EL invacom lnbf + 8ft dish with jaeger 36" actuator and C-band esx242 lnbf (58W - 78.5E)
My Location
London
Hi,
No need to have installer at home, if you say you already have your system installed.
You'll get only receiver and smartcard.

Max

Prospero42

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Spiderbox HD 9000 + Superior Darkmotor
My Location
London
I have Spanish-speaking relatives who DON'T live in Spain, but would like to have D+ here in the UK. I don't know why they can't just accept subscribers from other countries. The fact that they don't just encourages piracy. I suppose they must have some agreement with Sky here not to sell in this territory, but I wonder whether that contravenes EU law in some way. I'd have thought the freedom of trade rules prohibited such things.

Max2000

satellite lover
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 8000 + SkyUk full + Toroidal dish with 12 lnbs ( 31.5E, 28.2E, 23.5E, 19.2E, 16E, 13E, 10E, 7E, 4.8E, 0.8W, 4W, 12.5W) + Gibertini 1.25m with smr1224 AZ/EL invacom lnbf + 8ft dish with jaeger 36" actuator and C-band esx242 lnbf (58W - 78.5E)
My Location
London
Prospero42 said:
II don't know why they can't just accept subscribers from other countries.

Television groups who broadcast films and sports, buy these events only for their own country, so they can't broadcast these ones outside that country for law.
A Spanish citizen who lives in Britain couldn't watch his country's favorite telvision programs here, because Digital+ hasn't got any right to broadcast their events here.
Instead a British who lives in Spain and has a residence there, he can have a Digital+ subscription, but not a Sky+ one.
It seems a bit nonsense. I know.:D

Howevere, if you've relatives in Spain, you'll have no problem to have a Digital+ smartcard there and take it off here in Britain or look for some companies who trade Digital+ subscription with a bit of fee on the price.

Max

stuartl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Many thanks for the advice. My brother in law has just picked up the box and card for us and we will collect it from him at the end of the month.

Regards
Stuart

stuartl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
We picked up the D+ box and card last week. The box looks like a refurbished unit, in very good condition although rather large, but then what do you expect when you pick the cheapest package (15euros a month)!

It's a bit of a pain to switch between Freesat and D+ using the combination of a Foxsat HD box, the D+ box and an AB switch thing, but it does what we want it to.