DM600/Pli Jade New White Sly Card - How I got it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM600 Official, DM500S Clone, Linux MythTV, Nova-T USB2 Stick, Nova-S-USB2 Tuner, S*y Subs, TRex -CAM, Satelco EasyWatch PCI DVB-S + CI Interface
My Location
West Midlands, England
Well, for some reason, this was an absolute pain in the butt for me to get working, despite following the various guides and the like here and elsewhere. However, it does now seem to be up and running, so I wanted to run through with anyone how to get the new Sly White Card working on a DM600 (Pli-Jade).

1) Get your old Sly Box out of the loft - you're going to need it to activate the card.
2) Stick the blue card in the sly box, connect it upto the dish, tv & power.
3) Let the box boot, and leave it on one of the sky channels for about 10mins (sky 1 seemed to be OK).
4) Stick your new card in it, init. After a few moments, it should say activating card, then start showing the encrypted channel again.
5) Id recommend leaving it in there for a further 10 mins - for some reason the first time I 'activated' the card, it didn't work in the DM600.
6) Get your serial number from the bottom of the box or the system menu within the Sly EPG.
7) Whilst that is happening (or before or after, depending on your whim), goto the blue menu, Software Management, Downloads, SoftCams/CardServers and pick the latest CCcam (2.1.2), CCcam config (2.1.2) & NewCS Cardserver (1.66). I'd recommend installing them even if you already have them installed, to ensure you have the latest version. Note, versions shown are correct at time of writing :p
8) Use one of the many tools to generate your box key. I used the config creator on this site HERE to convert it into the correct value.
9) Use your favourite text editor* to create a newcs.xml file.

CONFIG REMOVED - Not Allowed.

* Use a text editor capable of outputting linux compatible files - dos files don't seem to work. I use textpad.

11) Upload CCcam.cfg to /etc/ and newcs.xml to /var/tuxbox/ on your dreambox using your favourite mechanism (I use SCP).

12) Make sure in your Softcam Setup (under blue button) is set to
Default Softcam - CCcam-2.1.2
Cardserver - newcs
Auto reconnect cahandler - true
Can handle two services - true

13) Remove the white card from your Sly Box, and insert it into your DM600 (contact side down).

14) Reboot whilst crossing your fingers, preying to the gods of linux and encryption.

15) (Hopefully) enjoy your Sly programmes. Note, one side effect of the new cards and this mechanism is that it can sometimes take a while to decrypt the channel - perhaps upto about 10 seconds. This is particularly prevalent when switching to premium channels, but it then seems to cache that decryption for a while.

nabi25

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
RG1 5LP
My Location
england
I think your doing a great job keep up the good work. Can you please advise me how to setup my server ubuntu 9.10 for my sky uk white card

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Guys please use the very very very detailed lengthy thread in the Dreambox General section entitled 'Testing The New White Sly UK Card' All the information you need is available in that thread.

Image and box has no bearing at all on using this card and so we do not need threads popping up all over the Dreambox section covering the very same topics.
Hence, Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.