fahdaziz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dish: 6ft
LNB: C Band
Dreambox DM-600
My Location
Karachi, Pakistan
I just tried to flash my DM600PVR with the factory firmware i dumped this morning with Flash Wizard. But now my Dreambox seems that it's bricked. It doesn't boot at all. No video on the television the network card doesn't comes up.
I am using a netbook, so i don't have a serial port on it.
Is there any possibility that i can make this box work again or am i just stuck with a bricked box?

dawar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AS3S-HB.
My Location
MirAli(NWA)Pakistan
Use USB to Serial cable if your Notebook don't have serial port and try the following steps.
1) First, connect your box to your Pc using a special serial cable.

2) Disconnect the dreambox

3) Start 'Dreamup'

4) Press connect

5) Plug in main power cord. You'll see the line ' OK uploading' appearing.

6) Press 'flash' and select the software to upload. First will appear 'Uploading' then 'Erasing' and then 'Flashing'. Finally 'finished'. The process will take about 10 minutes.

7) Press 'OK'.

8) Close Dreamup and disconnect the main powercord, wait 30 seconds and connect first the coax-cable, then the AV cable and the the rest of the cables.

9) Connect now the main powercable.

10) Everything is set to factory default and your Dreambox is ready again

fahdaziz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM-600
My Location
Karachi, Pakistan
dawar said:
Use USB to Serial cable if your Notebook don't have serial port and try the following steps.
1) First, connect your box to your Pc using a special serial cable.

2) Disconnect the dreambox

3) Start 'Dreamup'

4) Press connect

5) Plug in main power cord. You'll see the line ' OK uploading' appearing.

6) Press 'flash' and select the software to upload. First will appear 'Uploading' then 'Erasing' and then 'Flashing'. Finally 'finished'. The process will take about 10 minutes.

7) Press 'OK'.

8) Close Dreamup and disconnect the main powercord, wait 30 seconds and connect first the coax-cable, then the AV cable and the the rest of the cables.

9) Connect now the main powercable.

10) Everything is set to factory default and your Dreambox is ready again

Ok i will try this today. I need to buy a USB to Serial cable. I think i have one but i don't know i tried to do that it didn't worked. Or maybe it's just my cable which is not working fine.

I'll also try to get this done on a PC which might have a Serial cable at my work place.

I will update this post when i am done.
Thank you for your support.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Try the method in this post before you go to the hassle of buying a cable and finding a PC with a serial connection.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/dreambox600/132780-flashing-dm-600-4-easy-steps.html

It sounds to me like flash has already been erased, so you should be able to connect to the web interface over your LAN and load a new image.

If you dont know the IP address the dreambox has been assigned, either take a look at your router/modems interface, or us a program like Angry IP Scanner to search for hosts on your network.

fahdaziz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM-600
My Location
Karachi, Pakistan
compufunk said:
Try the method in this post before you go to the hassle of buying a cable and finding a PC with a serial connection.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/dreambox600/132780-flashing-dm-600-4-easy-steps.html

It sounds to me like flash has already been erased, so you should be able to connect to the web interface over your LAN and load a new image.

If you dont know the IP address the dreambox has been assigned, either take a look at your router/modems interface, or us a program like Angry IP Scanner to search for hosts on your network.

Sorry mate that i already did. The thing is my box had to be turned off as to the power failure/power off as it too long with FlashWizard which the files were being copied. That is the reason why it left my box bricked.

I tried the null modem cable method but my null modem cable had different pin configuration, and that's why i couldn't get the box to connect with DreamUP.

Thanks dawar. Your idea works. I had my fingers crossed all the time. But it worked after i fixed the pin settings on my null modem cable and then used it with DreamUP.

Problem solved.