DM7020 - PLi Jade to Gemini

sdg6666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite receiver 2 m
My Location
Greece
Hello

My DM7020 is auto-rebooting every few seconds. It seems image needs to be reloaded. I have PLi now - but think that Gemini is more stable.

Can I flash Gemini onto my 7020? If yes:

- which is the better Gemini version (I read in forums that versions till 4.3 are more stable)
- how to do it?

Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
1) Avoid Gemini if your DB is a clone.

2) any of the recent ones should be ok

3) how to do it - well that depends on your set up (if you use multi boot or not). Full details can be found on the forum in numerous posts

sdg6666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite receiver 2 m
My Location
Greece
Hi

Thanks for reply.
Analoguesat said:
1) Avoid Gemini if your DB is a clone.

My DB is cloned.
So I stick with PLI?

Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Thats up to you. There are various images around - get yourself set up for multiboot and you can try various ones. First thing you need to do is sort out the reboot problem though - load a fresh image into the flash memory and see if that sorts it..

A nonymous

Reaction score
You can use Gemini 4.3 on your Clone it will be fine, just don't install anything higher :confused

As far as i am aware the later images can't damage a clone 7020 as it does a clone DM500, although i wouldn't risk it, just in case :-ohcrap

The best image i have found in both Original and Clone 7020 is either S.I.F 1.9.3d or Nabilosat Darkstar2. EDG Nemesis 4.4 is also another good one :D

Pli isn't a bad image i just find it extremely boring O-no

If your trying SIF or Nabilosat install 1.9.4C into flash and boot 1.9.3d off a USB stick using Flash Wizard. 1.9.4cC still has some rather annoying bugs which cause the DB to lock up sometimes for a few mins before it accepts remote control comands again.

Nabilo seems to work well with S.I.F 1.9.4 in flash on my 7020 :D

If you don't want to install an image just yet, try doing a factory reset, this will put the box back to how it was when you first installed Pli.

You can find it in Menu-6, Expert Settings -. Factory Reset :D

:-beer

Nano

sdg6666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite receiver 2 m
My Location
Greece
Thanks nanochickin & everyone.

1) I like a few things whcih Pli has - like streaming from my laptop, internet radio plugin, webX tv - I am not sure if other images provide such possibilities or not.

2) My DB 7020 freezes when I switch on to certain channels. It works fine on 99% - just on about 8-10 channel,s it always freezes. Why so?

Thanks

think I will stay with PLi - becayuse

The best image i have found in both Original and Clone 7020 is either S.I.F 1.9.3d or Nabilosat Darkstar2. EDG Nemesis 4.4 is also another good one :D

Pli isn't a bad image i just find it extremely boring O-no

If your trying SIF or Nabilosat install 1.9.4C into flash and boot 1.9.3d off a USB stick using Flash Wizard. 1.9.4cC still has some rather annoying bugs which cause the DB to lock up sometimes for a few mins before it accepts remote control comands again.

Nabilo seems to work well with S.I.F 1.9.4 in flash on my 7020 :D

If you don't want to install an image just yet, try doing a factory reset, this will put the box back to how it was when you first installed Pli.

You can find it in Menu-6, Expert Settings -. Factory Reset :D

:-beer

Nano[/QUOTE]

sdg6666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite receiver 2 m
My Location
Greece
Sorry, forgot to delete the original ... :(