Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
laminas feed horn
Invacom quad LNB
Humax foxsat PVR
My Location
Tenerife
Well, my new box arrived and first impressions re fringe reception are very good. More from me on that later in another post (Astra 2E: Canaries & Africa Reports).

For now, I only have one (significant) issue with the box - the PVR, or more to the point, the EPG. All I can see is today's programme listings and that only shows the current transmission and the subsequent one. So the only effective programme review and recording capability I have at the moment is the manual timer recording function (thought that went out of the window with VCR's :rolleyes:).

Having had a good browse on Google for the past couple of evenings I am hoping that there may be some FW and possibly SW upgrades that may fix this. But I am not sure.

I see digi247 posted a link to here (http://drhd.legion.name/) in another forum but unfortunately I cannot read or navigate the page, its all in Russian. Another forum suggested a FW upgrade (108p) for a 7day EPG but that eventually proved to be FW from another receiver (ClarkeTech 4100) and was for the D15, not F15.

There are some S/W upgrades here (http://www.dr-hd.com/support/viewcategory/6-dr-hd-f15.html) but reading the descriptions for each update, and elsewhere on the net, these do not appear to be related to the EPG so I have not changed anything - yet.

So I need some help please. Can someone point me in the right direction on how I can get an improved EPG support or am I stuck with what I have - out of the box?

As delivered, the system info for the box shows:

Model: DR.HD F15
S/W Version: 2.00 (August 7 2012)
H/W Version: 1.00
Boot Version: 5.30
CH Version: F023

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I haven't bothered to do anything for the EPG but for most European channels it'll get several days listings if the channels are transmitting them. Sky and Freesat have to be different of course and use a non standard EPG. Sorry I can't really help, but even now and next is a bonus as when viewing 27.5W there is nothing at all... That's like going back to analogue TV. ;)

FRINGE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
laminas feed horn
Invacom quad LNB
Humax foxsat PVR
My Location
Tenerife
hi timo
Guess i have been spoilt over the years with my humax. But for a box with spectrum analysis capabilities and some unneeded games I would have hoped for at least a 7 day programme guide. Maybe its just me.

FRINGE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
laminas feed horn
Invacom quad LNB
Humax foxsat PVR
My Location
Tenerife
but for most European channels it'll get several days listings if the channels are transmitting them.

must learn to read posts properly before replying :). So take BBC1, why don't i get more than 2 hrs worth?

and use a non standard EPG. ?

Sorry but what do you mean by non standard EPG?

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Sky and Freesat designed their own more advanced EPGs for their own boxes. Generic DVB-S/S2 boxes will not decode the extra EPG info unless they are "hacked" to read the EPG data streams by third parties since the manufactures don't have the rights to decode the data or it just isn't worth their effort to support it. As a result you'll only get now and next programme details.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Using Patched firmware 209p on mine gives you 7 day epg if you tune to 11778 V 27500 Astra 2E Europe beam and leave on that transponder will collects a full 7 day Sky EPG.

I must warn you though that when you switch the receiver off the EPG is lost as it is stored in Ram a little fault with these Clone's TM5402Hd, Blade 7000s and Dr HD F15.

This was overcome on the newer D15 as it stored it on a USB stick

FRINGE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
laminas feed horn
Invacom quad LNB
Humax foxsat PVR
My Location
Tenerife
Thanks digi. Will look at what I have to do to get this patched firmware - and how to install it. But a few more questions if I may before I do that:

will collects a full 7 day Sky EPG
So only sky - not freesat ?

when you switch the receiver off
I assume this means when there is no power at all to the unit - not when the box is on stand by?

Finally - can I just check with you that I would be able to use the seven day EPG to set up recordings?

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Sky and Freesat use the same channels so it doesn't matter who provides that EPG data if you just need the FTA channel details.

You can highlight programmes in the F15 EPG and set a recording by pressing the record button on the remote. There is no series links but you can change the settings to record something the same time of the day or week.

FRINGE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
laminas feed horn
Invacom quad LNB
Humax foxsat PVR
My Location
Tenerife
You can highlight programmes in the F15 EPG and set a recording by pressing the record button on the remote. There is no series links but you can change the settings to record something the same time of the day or week.

Thanks timo. And with reference to digi247 (I must warn you though that when you switch the receiver off the EPG is lost as it is stored in Ram) do you loose all of that when the unit is on standby or is it only lost from RAM when all power to the box is off?

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Thanks timo. And with reference to digi247 (I must warn you though that when you switch the receiver off the EPG is lost as it is stored in Ram) do you loose all of that when the unit is on standby or is it only lost from RAM when all power to the box is off?
I don't have the firmware version that uses the Sky 7 day EPG but when using the standard 7 day EPG for European channels it is lost when I switch to the box to standby. Same happens on my Technomate boxes.

FRINGE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
laminas feed horn
Invacom quad LNB
Humax foxsat PVR
My Location
Tenerife
From your first post in this thread I had assumed that you had not taken any action to change/update the FW and/or SW in your box:
I haven't bothered to do anything for the EPG

But I now assume that I am wrong because you say:
but when using the standard 7 day EPG for European channels

The reason I say that is because I cannot get a 7 day EPG with my box. So now totally confused. Could you let me know if your box is to the same standard as mine:

S/W Version: 2.00 (August 7 2012)

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
I do not have the newer firmware that supports downloading the Sky UK 7 day EPG, so my box will only download the standard 7 day EPG listing for non-UK channels that conform to the DVB spec.

I'm using software version 125p which uses the original SD on screen graphics and has a better signal meter but lacks the newer HD graphics (which I don't really like as much) and Sky EPG (which I don't care about as I don't use it for Sky/Freesat).

S/W Version: 1.25p (Jan 18 2012)

FRINGE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
laminas feed horn
Invacom quad LNB
Humax foxsat PVR
My Location
Tenerife
Thanks for the info timo.

I do not have the newer firmware that supports downloading the Sky UK 7 day EPG

And would that newer firmware be the Patched firmware 209p mentioned by digi247?

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Thanks for the info timo.

And would that newer firmware be the Patched firmware 209p mentioned by digi247?
I guess so, but not tried it myself.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
After a few trials with Firmware 209p today i could not get the 7 Day EPG to load at all only now and next, I assume it must be on an earlier firmware or something has changed with the IEPG data and now will not work.

I will see if i can get hold of the D15 variant and see if it is still working on that machine, just a damn shame DrHD have forgotten all about this receiver now in fact the D15 has not had a firmware update for months

margusten

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DR.HD F15, TBS-5925, Dream 800PVR, GM TripleX
Aerial AS24 polarmount 95E - 13E Ku+C, fixed 3M 28.2E, 27.5W ...
My Location
Estonia
I have DR.HD F15.
Long time used software S/W Version: 2.05 P
Now downgraded to software S/W Version: 1.21 P
I don't care about EPG but now I can see C/N below threshold too.
No other receiver can do this.
3,4dBallalukustumist.jpg 5,9dB10773H.jpg 5.4dballalukustumist.jpg 6dB10714H.jpg
Red Q is below signal loc.
Green Q is loced signal.
Also spectrum analyser has better wiew.
Hspectrum.jpg Vspectrum.jpg

FRINGE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
laminas feed horn
Invacom quad LNB
Humax foxsat PVR
My Location
Tenerife
After a few trials with Firmware 209p today i could not get the 7 Day EPG to load at all only now and next,

So, just to clarify, are we saying that the F15 is simply incapable of seeing a 7day EPG from Astra 28.2E regardless of FW or SW.

FRINGE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
laminas feed horn
Invacom quad LNB
Humax foxsat PVR
My Location
Tenerife
So, just to clarify, are we saying that the F15 is simply incapable of seeing a 7day EPG from Astra 28.2E regardless of FW or SW.

I take it that this is a yes then ;). It can't.