dream elite

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Single Sat Dish and DM800
My Location
Ireland
i see the dream elite website is down and that the message posted would give the impression that dream elite will not be supported again sometime soon. does anyone have any further information on this. its a great image and it would be a pity to see it go

D

deleted

cannot access server for dreamelite on my DM800, so it looks true, and have heard as from today they will not support !! May be time for other image hope im wrong

moridark_back1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500 &DM88HD & humax5400z&
zone2 & 1.5m dish
My Location
oxfordshire
yes they will not support any more that is the news i have heard too

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
Found this translation of the reason on another forum:
The Dream Elite team would like to inform you that the forum is now closed indefinitely. The reason for closure (which could be temporary or maybe even permanent) is due to personal and family problems of some of the members; and due to the closeness of the team, the other members have decided to suspend all activity to support them. We hope that things will improve, and are hoping that in the future we'll have the time/serenity/wherewithal to continue what we have been doing. We're sure you understand and bid you farewell while thanking you for the support that you have given us in this brief but intense period.

I wish them the best, thank them for their invaluable contribution to the dreamboxes and hope that their family/personal difficulties will get worked out in the best possible way.

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
if its any consolation to them their image continues to be by far and the best available. it will be a shame to move to a different image. one thing that confuses me is the need to shut down their server completely. ok, maybe we will not get any new releases of dream elite but was it really necessary to close it down completely. thankfully i have all i need on my dream elite system so i will continue to use the image for as long as is possible. however how about users who would simply like to use the current system with current addons. to pull the plug completely is a huge pity. dream elite, in a very short period of time, has built a huge fanbase. just looked at the vu+ duo forum and the survey indicates that on a new system like the vu+ dream elite has over 75% of the image market in this area. it proves to me how truly smart and innovative these guys were. what a terrible shame to see something as good as this no longer available

healeydave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IT: 1 x iMax 27" Quad Core, 2 x iMac 24" (running OSX & OSX Server) 1 x Macbook Air
AV: MacMini Plex Media Centre, SpearNZB Episode Downloader, DM500, DM8000
My Location
uk
That's a shame, I was just about to set-up a new box, I guess its not worth putting Dream Elite on now because if their servers are down, I suspect menu options to pull cams , plugins etc will all be defunct too :-(

D

deleted

still good image and can ftp anything to box still plenty stuff around, i have heard newenigma2 image is ok

healeydave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IT: 1 x iMax 27" Quad Core, 2 x iMac 24" (running OSX & OSX Server) 1 x Macbook Air
My Location
uk
Just tested none of the services are running, like dream elite cams, skins etc, so I'm afraid I will need to start checking out alternatives.
Real shame because whilst I could still manually ftp, its not really as convenient as using the panels and if developments stopped, the Blackhole derivatives are going to need to be replaced eventually!

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
I think the tone of some of the comments is out of order. The teams do not get paid for development, they do it out of the goodness of their hearts, AS A HOBBY. These boxes are aimed at hobyists and if a team disappears, which many do, then so be it. Even boxes that are from commercial suppliers go out of production and you have no recourse, so expect hoobyists to stop development if something more important takes their time, or as in this case it seems it is a 'family' incident that caused distress. They might be back or they might not, in the end it is their decision. We should just thank them for the good image they produced while they were going - it showed how these boxes can work if someone puts their mind to it.
Instead of bitching, lets thank them and wish them the best for whatever the incident was that caused them to close down and lets hope they come back - but negative ravings will not encourage them.

healeydave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
I didn't mean to seem like I was bitching here, I loved the Nablio Blackhole Image and then the Dream Elite version.
All I'm saying, is I have another box to set-up and I don't see any point in putting a much loved image on a new setup today if its already been established there will be no further development and some of its functionality is already impaired by the servers being taken offline.
I checked the Nablio forum and it says in a thread will be no further development of Blackhole 012 and with Dream Elite not developing that image too, I am wondering what the next best image to try is??

Someone on Nabilo suggests oozoon, so I'm just in the process of whizzing that over.
So far it looks promising as during the initial boot, its already offered me driver updates from May '10, so I just left it pulling those down. I haven't even got into the UI yet :-)

First impressions, whilst it might be up-to-date, its doesn't seem to have much of what I liked about Blackhole :-( .........next

aamir007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC: Intel Quad Core 2.55 ghz 4gb ram Nvdia Gforce 7900
PS3
Dream Box 500\518\800
My Location
West Yorkshire, UK
Its a shame they stopped developing their firmware but it was coming as it was announced a few weeks ago that this was their last image and a new image wont be released. They will be missed as their images are awesome but its their life and as shifuman has said it was a hobby. I personally will be using DE till it actually stops working tried oozoon hated it and removed it after 15 minutes

marcaaron20

Dreaming Satellites
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD,
80cm Orbital Satellite Dish
Motorized
LNB with 2 outputs, 2nd output leading to upstairs and using Dreambox 500S.
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K Amp/Receiver,
My Location
Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland
What will happen with the Cccam, will that also stop working over time or is that something completely different??

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
marcaaron20, CCcam and how it operates has got nothing to do with DreamElite.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
@marcaaron20: CCcam could very well stop working at some stage. They have been slow in the past to respond to encryption changes, which might indicate a lack of time/resources. Remember that they also do it for free in their spare time. So, as with all free software, there is no guarantee that it will keep on being maintained.

marcaaron20

Dreaming Satellites
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD,
80cm Orbital Satellite Dish
Motorized
LNB with 2 outputs, 2nd output leading to upstairs and using Dreambox 500S.
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K Amp/Receiver,
My Location
Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland
With this recent news, I and many others are sad that this day has come...

So... With a bit of thinking, me and a very close mate of mine which is also on this sat forum, we have come up with a temp idea, my mate has a server and what we were thinking was if Dream Ellite agree, we will be willing to have the files transfered to my mates server so the files can still be used for people who still want to stick with Dream Ellite, however, as of updating the image, that won't be possible, but only by the Dream Ellite team, our sollution is merely only just to keep the image available to whoever still wants to use it and for the Dream Ellite team to hopefully pick up where they left off at a later date...

If anyone thinks that this is a good idea, then feel free to let me or my mate know, my mate is known on here as Sharkadder,

Love to hear from you and we are willing to keep the Dream Ellite image/s going for as long as possible...

grasscut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox dm 800
My Location
Manchester
marcaaron20 said:
With this recent news, I and many others are sad that this day has come...

So... With a bit of thinking, me and a very close mate of mine which is also on this sat forum, we have come up with a temp idea, my mate has a server and what we were thinking was if Dream Ellite agree, we will be willing to have the files transfered to my mates server so the files can still be used for people who still want to stick with Dream Ellite, however, as of updating the image, that won't be possible, but only by the Dream Ellite team, our sollution is merely only just to keep the image available to whoever still wants to use it and for the Dream Ellite team to hopefully pick up where they left off at a later date...

If anyone thinks that this is a good idea, then feel free to let me or my mate know, my mate is known on here as Sharkadder,

Love to hear from you and we are willing to keep the Dream Ellite image/s going for as long as possible...

I have never posted here before but i just loaded the last Dream Elite image on my DM800 and I think it is fantastic image so to have another server would be a great idea

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
Just found a link on another forum to dreamelite - I have not tried it yet, but it provides an ipkg to set up the downloads from a different server (still dreamelite it says). I will give it a go when I have some time. Here is the link
_http://www.avforums.com/forums/satellite-tv/1322810-new-server-dream-elite.html

Unfortunately I have not had time to look inside the package to see where it is pointing the downloads. This has to be checked in case it points at a malicious server.

D

deleted

New release: dreamelite blackhole : UNOFFICIAL DREAM ELITE V.133DV3 PHOENIX EDITION :

this is a nice version with new server added. It has been reshaped by an italian team who says they will carry on support for dreamelite with all new downloads due to be filled in the added on server

install the ssl76c image for clone sim201 or install the original and then the ssl76c ,for genuine boxes if you have one just install the image for original box ssl76 , and on the ferrari install original image follewed by ssl76f

I installed the image on my other dm800 runs great , ran it for a few hours and was satisfied with it good work from the compilers/team

download: -http://hotfile.com/dl/70646186/5eee81a/sim201-SSL76c-de-133dv3PHOENIX-dm800-20092010.rar.html

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
yup, works a treat!

shame its not got the satmate sky uk epg on the server but theres a couple of others that seem to work fine:)

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
shumifan, did you test the new server using existing dream elite image. paxrax, surely its just a matter of defining a new satmate link where you specify the web link to the epg source. this source has not changed in a long time so if the image supports satmate then it also supports sat-uk satmate