Dreambox and mobile broadband?

graffixshack

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox600
My Location
U.K
Hi Guys,

totally new to the Dreambox set up and apologies if this has been asked before, but is it possible to set up this system using a 3G mobile broadband connection (usb dongle) or must it be through a router connected to a landline?

Any help greatly appreciated :-righton

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
Look on amazon Uk for a 3G router this will work for you

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Pretty sure there was a thread about it on here and just led to high ECM times with glitching

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
You can use a 3G dongle or there is a device that you put a sim card in and it plugs into the back of the DM and does the same job

See the link below ;)

Code:
http://bit.ly/pHSVFm

Note: I have never used the above retailer and am not advising you use them as there are plenty of other retailers about that sell the same item, I`m just using their shop as an example to show you the product

graffixshack

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox600
My Location
U.K
Thanks Guys,

food for thought, found plenty of 3G routers on Amazon.

@ fergyg...high ECM times with glitching - any further info?

will pop into 3G today, see if they have a landline option before trying anything else.