Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross5a

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
South UK
Hi I am looking for some info about the subscription to the Nova channels.
Basically a contact in Greece sent me a Dreambox in order to watch the footie on Nova. Now I've had the dreambox about 10 months and my contact is asking me for a fee to renew the subscription.

Now, I'm not at all sure about this... firstly, I have no details of subscription, the Dreambox can pick up other channels and we have used it to pick up different frequencies for other things that our sat is pointed to...There is no card in the box, but, it is connected to our broadband and will not work at all if not.

So what I'm asking is, is my box actually subscribed to anything or not? (Not going to be ripped off here! are these channels free or not?) Yet I don't want to find out my viewing is cut off now that the season is starting up!

Also if I am subscribed to Nova, and it is not renewed are there other channels I can get on my dreambox (13E) to watch the footie?

Thanks in advance

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You don't have a subscription, you are paying for a card share, if you had a subscription, you would have a card in your box. Nova is a pay package, not free.

We don't like and don't discuss commercial cardshares on this forum and advise against them, you never know who the money is going to and they can be turned off without notice.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ross5a;994860There is [B said:
no card[/B] in the box, but, it is connected to our broadband and will not work at all if not.

You are on a card share. Totally illegal and you would be far better off buying a proper Nova subscription.

Ross5a

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
South UK
Please could you explain more? Don't have a clue.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The previous replies are clear, concise and accurate.

The method by which you have been able to view Encrypted Subscription Channels is one which falls outside the approved and legal method of buying your own subscription. You are relying upon others to provide the means of decrypting the Channels.

As such, we forbid discussion of such practices here and do not condone them.

You have correctly been advised to purchase your own subscription and we will not be discussing this further.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.