Duo4K SE & SatDreamGR

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 2.4m motorised offset dish, Viking Ku-band 2-ports motorised feed, 2 SMW LNBs, RC2000A, Dreambox DM920.
My Location
Milan, Italy
It seems that SatDreamGR team never released proper image for Duo4K SE receiver.
It's really a pity, and I don't understand the reason because this box is almost identical to previous Duo4K non-SE, except little differences in power supply design I believe.
Anyone tried to install non-SE image in the SE box?
Or did you tried any SatDreamGR custom compiled image?
I would like to try this image for many DXing purposes like DAB+, T2-MI, Abertis and so on.
Any solution? Thanks.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Which Enigma2 images have you tried?
There are many, for the Duo4K SE, including OpenBh 5.0, OpenVix, etc, the latest being Python3 so might not support older, unsupported, plugins.

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 2.4m motorised offset dish, Viking Ku-band 2-ports motorised feed, 2 SMW LNBs, RC2000A, Dreambox DM920.
My Location
Milan, Italy
Now I'm using Openvix 5.4 in my Vu+ Duo4K SE, not updated to 6.0 yet.
I'm satisfied with this image: it is simple to use, stable, very well supported.
But as I would like to try some particular reception like, as I mentioned, DAB+ feeds for example, it seems that SatDreamGR is the best image because developers just installed and prepared all needed files to make possible such special jobs.
Please note that I'm a very very bad linux user, my skill is very weak and I'm not able to modify any other image on myself.
So this is the reason for which I opened this discussion.
As Duo4K SE and non-SE seem almost the same, I would like to install latest SatDreamGR image on my receiver but I don't know if it is compatible with my box and I don't want to create any problem in it.
What do you think? Thanks.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
As the Duo4K and the Duo4K SE, have separately listed images, on both the OpenVix, and OpenBh sites, I doubt that you can load images designed for the Duo4K onto the Duo4K SE.

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Milan, Italy
As the Duo4K and the Duo4K SE, have separately listed images, on both the OpenVix, and OpenBh sites, I doubt that you can load images designed for the Duo4K onto the Duo4K SE.

Yes you are right. Just tested but flashing freezes.
I tried to rename main folder from duo4k to duo4kse but nothing changed.
Back to my Openvix 5.4 backup, and updated to 6.0.
Probably contacting SatDreamGR team could be the best choice.

cokeaddict

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Ultimo4K, Uno4K SE, Uno4K, Solo4K, Zero4K, Duo2, SoloSE v1 & v2, Solo2, Ultimo, Uno, Duo, Motorised CM 1.2m dish, Hybrid Titanium Smart Lnb with CM feedhorn and a Zone2 minidish with Inverto Unicable II
My Location
53°E - 45°W
The Duo4K and Duo4K SE might look the same, but they are very different.

The Duo4K SE is an Ultimo4K in a smaller box with 1 less tuner slot and a smaller display.

But no you can't use Ultimo4K images on the Duo4K SE either, as the kernels are different and so are the drivers.

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Milan, Italy
Thank you to all for your replies.
The greek team confirmed, no image for SE yet. Bad luck.
Thanks cokeaddict for your explanation, I didn't know that SE is more similar to Ultimo than to Duo4K first version.
So, any chance to get satellite DX with, say, Openvix image?
For example, in the discussion related to italian DAB+ feeds, another user posted a very detailed how-to guide based on SatDreamGR because it seems that it is the only image having specific software packages just installed in it.
Probably the same for T2-MI and 30W spanish channels.
I assume that all parts could be installed on other images too, but my linux skill is less than zero, so I'm not able to proceed without a detailed how-to guide including every little steps.
Maybe I'm asking too much you know. What do you think? Thanks.