DVD upgrade for the Triple Dragon

Nolan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Kaon KVR-1000 Plus, Echostar PVR-5020, 85cm Triax steerable dish, 1 mtr offset dish.
My Location
Netherlands
Hi Llew,on the dutch Triple Dragon fan forum we are trying to upgrade a TD receiver with a DVD drive.Do you know of anyone in the UK who was succesfull getting a DVD drive to work connected to the IDE bus of the TD receiver ?Or maybe via USB?I also read about some attempts that some TD fans made getting a DVD drive to work on the german TD-fan forum.As far as I know they haven't got it working yet?In my opinion if it can be done with a Dreambox, it should also be possible to make it work on a Triple Dragon.Personally I'd like to built-in a laptop ide dvd drive in the TD.The same has been done with a Dreambox, right?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Yes Nolan, I've read of the problems posted on the German site. It would be good to have that facility, but don't know yet of anyone who's had success yet. I can only suggest keep checking those posts on that site for further info.

The second box was going to have the DVD burner facility using the SCSI connection, but that box is now not going into production.

Llew