Echostar AD300IP very hot.

Timmy

Reaction score
I have been having problems with my Echostar AD300IP in that it gets very hot while in standby and transmission modes. In fact while using an Aston cam and the relevant card it has melted and disfigured the card causing it to miss out on a number of channels. Has anyone experienced this? Is it a design fault?

E

Eccles

This is not so much the Echostar as the cam. I have an Aston cam in a Nokia 9600, and while the Nokia barely gets lukewarm the cam gets very hot.
In my case it was sufficient to relocate the receiver to maximise air flow around and under it, but another workaround I have heard of is to attach a socket 7 cpu type fan to the case of your receiver just above the cam and power it from a suitable 12v line from the receiver's power supply. The fan should be driving air up out of the receiver to minimise dust build up.
Alternatively the pcb type cards with surface mounted chips are much more resistant to heat than goldcards.
HTH
Eccles.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
have a look here too.
This is a dual-language (Dutch/English) board specifically for the Echostar ad3000ip and the very issue of overheating (including solutions) has received much attention.
http://pub6.ezboard.com/bechostarad3000ip.html
2old