0.8W
4.3E
9E
13E
19.2E
28.2E
My Location
Willebroek Belgium
Sounds great that they are working on the software, I had already given up. However, why did absolutely NO ONE reply to my question about the number of channels one can store? According to the manual and the outside of the box the Primo S2 IP can store 15.000 channels but I never got any further than somewhere between 3000 and 4000 channels. And I own 3 Primo receivers that I bought at three different moments so it's not a matter of a defective sample of this receiver. PLEASE, can anyone tell me if they have that problem too? It really reduces it's possibilities for me. I just tried to add the two Czech/CE channels from Belintersat. The bars show a very strong signal and quality strength but no channels are shown when I do a transponder scan, but also not when I do a blind scan. It's just one example of many.

PaulVR,

I can't help you with the question of the limit of channels stored in the primo because I like to have a clean channel list and for that reason I delete channels if they show up multiple times. I only receive 6 satellites and when I search FTA stuff, I have never reached more than 12.000 channels after a scan!

And I can't receive Belintersat...

And for the IP question... When I load an M3U bouquet, it is unwatchable... The Primo needs to buffer all the time... I own 4 Primo's and over all, they're not that bad... But they are full of bugs!

I had contact with someone from Edision a couple of years ago. He was trying to be really helpfull... But when they sacked him... I never heard anything from Edision again...

paulvr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dr.HD and Topfield
300 cm Unimesh C-Band on AJAK H2H mount
180 cm prime focus Ku-Band on AJAK H2H mount
My Location
Netherlands
Thank you for your reply Steven! Perhaps I didn't pose my question correctly, I do not mean for anyone to check all 15.000 possible channels that can be stored. But given the fact that this receiver makes such beautifully fast scans I can hardly imagine that everybody doing a scan of Hotbird and a couple of other big sats would remain under 4000 stations found? I cannot even store 4000 stations! But you mention that you never receive more that 12.000 stations!!!!! I never got more that 3500 and since I have 3 samples of the Primo that all stop scanning around 3500 I do wonder what I am doing wrongly so I cannot even get near the number you can scan.

My problem is that even after a couple of major sats like Eutelsat the receiver stops scanning right in the middle of the say 4th satellite that I am scanning. I do use a 180 cm Channel Master Dish that can receive the entire range from 75 East until 65 West and of course I don't want to keep everything the scan finds. But that choice cannot be made if the receiver stops right in the middle while doing a blind scan.

But perhaps there is a solution: I just installed the new .67 software, my receiver was still at the Belintersat position and yes: with the new firmware I now could successfully scan 11.230 and 11.290 MHz, in total 85 channels of which of course I will delete all encrypted stuff. Who knows, perhaps Edision indeed fixed this for me very important bug, I'll report at a later date!

Whereas IPTV is concerned, I have no experience at all. I had some receivers in which Russian and old English movie packs were included in the software and at the time I could use HasBahCah packets to put packs into my Xtrend ET9000 receiver but that's all. More I don't know about this topic. After this Turkish source demanded money for their lists I stopped altogether so I don't really know where to find such data.

But looking at the Primo receiver I see that under Menu-System-IPTV settings there is a http:// address to fill in under "Autoget.m3u playlist". Is there any freely available address that one can fill in or is that just for illegal pay-subscriptions?

Then under Application I find
IPTV in memory says "connecting to resource" and the shows Category:[0/0] and Channel:[0/0]
Autoget.m3u Playlist of course connects to nothing
Stalker TV shows 4 portals that all start with http:// but nothing after that. I can select between TV Channels, Video Club and Serie, I can enable/disable Picons, I can select between a noral and classic list mode and I seeID and IPv4 numbers but that is it.
YouTube works!
WebTV works depending upon my choices
Internet Radio works but only with channels that I con't care for. I am primarily a news listener, not a music listener, and I have no idea if it is possible to find and enter internet radio stations that I would want to listen to.
Weather is OK as I live near the german border I can select a German city that is about 80 km away from here.

I remember that close to 2 years ago I have entered some m3u channels on an USB stick which I did manage to see but I found no way to enter these m3u channels into the database of the Primo receiver so it was a rather temporary solution.

Perhaps I should mention that I am not an entertainment kind of person. The IPTV channels that I look for are things like CSPAN 1, 2 and 3 from the USA, and I received some news TV channels like WGN Chicago. At one time I remember seeing some Japanese, Indonesian, South Korean and Chinese local stations that of course aren't available on satellite. For me it's sort of like DX-ing via IPTV like I do also via satellite. But I need a start, a way for search for channels at a source and a way to select and store channels in the Primo receiver. The things I want to see are generally not even encrypted on the internet so it should be possible it seems to me?

If you can give me any advice I's be most grateful. In general terms I am quite happy with the Primo receivers, only the software is very badly programmed. For instance after searching a satellite for new channels and then leaving the menu for that it automatically goes to the "ALL Satellites" list and that causes the large satellite dish to turn to an entirely different satellite without my wanting that. It's just an example. My attempts to contact Edision were at first not replied to, then I was referred to someone in Thessaloniki who invited me to ask my questions but when I did he replied to none saying that I could find all answers on the internet. Which of course I could not, and I gave up.

I look very much forward to hearing from you! Thanks very, very much!
Paul.

PS: in addition to having given my address in the posting above, perhaps I should add that I speak English, German and Dutch fluently and in addition I can also read and reply in less fluent French and Romanian. So it must not be English if that's more difficult for anyone who wants to write.

paulvr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dr.HD and Topfield
300 cm Unimesh C-Band on AJAK H2H mount
180 cm prime focus Ku-Band on AJAK H2H mount
My Location
Netherlands
Dear Steven and others,

Sorry I remained silent over de past 2 months due to illness, now all is more or less OK. Just unusual tiredness....

Following up my initial report: the .67 software seemed to give a bit more leeway when it came to getting a few more channels to be stored. But I was rather shocked to see what it seemed to do to my Russian T2-MI channels. Whereas before I received virtually all C-Band transmitters on 40 and 49 East, I now can only receive two of them each. The rest shows 100% signal strength and quality on each transponder but no recognized streams.
Unfortunately according to Lyngsat almost all channels have been changed or added new so I cannot possibly judge if this non-reception is due to the primo receiver or due to Russia adopting some different technical parameter.
As I do receive all African T2-MI transmissions on 72,1 E, 62 E and 60 E I tend to assume the latter.

In terms of IPTV, my main question would be how to modify the channels that are already stored in the reeiver because those worked flawlessly. Indeed when using an USB stick to tune from it was a mess.

On the Edision forum I saw people complain that once they flashed .66 or .67 software they weren't able to overwrite that with .62 after having found drawbacks. I don't know what they did, I still had the .62 software stored on my HD and had no trouble flashing that into one of my Edisions. Sadly that didn't help receiving the aforementioned Russian T2-MI channels any better but at least I now have a .67 and a .62 firmware receiver for comparison. The .62 software is not present on the Edision site anymore, if anyone needs it I'll be glad to help.

Best wishes,

Paul.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Don't have a C band setup myself but which transponders are you specifically having trouble with?