Egis in polarmount and multifeed system for ku and c band

mirko73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GIBERTINI 150 -SMR 1224
My Location
ITALY
This thread is for me place to talk about EGIS IN POLARMOUNT and sharing best experiences of how a PFA can be mounted on it to get C-band and Ku-band with advanced Feedhorn plus transition waveguide/OMT plus filtered Lnb to avoid 5G and wimax interference.

New equipment is my choice because warranty is important and I’m not confident used materials are for my purposes up-to-date.

I’m a bit disappointed : unfortunately I’m hearing criticisms while I’m looking for constructive discussions.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
That was not criticism at all, just a try to get you more realistic. We can create any set of equipment theoretically, but when we are back to the Earth we see different picture and suppose to compromise lots of things.
Add: Do not count your chickens before they are hatched. ... Do not speak about welding something to EGIS mount, making multifeed on antenna you do not have e.t.c. Get antenna, get Egis and then think how to install them.

Last edited:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You would have to speak to IRTE to see if a 2.7m is possible.

Their 3m used to be a single piece aluminium, but now the wording suggests they prefer steel for the reflector.

What might also assist in filtering out interference is the option of a cassegrain front end but the electrics would then be close to where the motor sits.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
the option of a cassegrain front end
Good option, but TS wants multifeed which is not applicable to Cassagrain design. BTW, word "Cassagrain" triggered my memory that soon I will get this 2.4m antenna. It is professional and made of aluminum therefore should not be very heavy. If sub-refloctor is removed it becomes purely PFA. So, @mirko73 , if this antenna could be an interest of you then after I play with it some time we can speak about shipping it to Italy.

Attachments

• Casa1.jpg
    Casa1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Casa2.jpg
    Casa2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 34

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Good option, but TS wants multifeed which is not applicable to Cassagrain design. BTW, word "Cassagrain" triggered my memory that soon I will get this 2.4m antenna. It is professional and made of aluminum therefore should not be very heavy. If sub-refloctor is removed it becomes purely PFA. So, @mirko73 , if this antenna could be an interest of you then after I play with it some time we can speak about shipping it to Italy.
I have seen two and three port ( C/X/Ku )options on Vertex antennas, though they started at 4.8m.

mirko73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GIBERTINI 150 -SMR 1224
My Location
ITALY

@RimaNTSS
is it a new 2.4 m antenna? (looking at your photos the antenna seems a little bit rusty!)
weight without AZ/EL ?
F/D ratio?
single piece ? (for me better in two or four pieces to pick up it on the roof ! )
feedhorn ?
how to filter out interferences ?

in case where is located?

thanks

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
You asked about Rimantss dish, I never said it was suitable for your needs

mirko73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GIBERTINI 150 -SMR 1224
My Location
ITALY
You asked about Rimantss dish, I never said it was suitable for your needs

ok thank you for the info, but it's not for me!

p.s i've told to Rimantss that my roof tolerance is limited !

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
I think that a lot of that weight may be due to the steel mounting frame?
Exactly! Most of the weight belongs to the pedestal mount. The mirror is made out of aluminum and can not weight a lot.

mirko73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GIBERTINI 150 -SMR 1224
My Location
ITALY
Exactly! Most of the weight belongs to the pedestal mount. The mirror is made out of aluminum and can not weight a lot.

@RimaNTSS

looking at photos mirror seems a little bit rusty:confused

some questions:
- is it included a back ring suitable for Egis ?
- total weight without mount ?
- f/d ratio ?
- in how many pieces can be delivered ?
- what about arm support for specific feedhorn to filter out interferences ?

finally actual location and price…...

thanks

Last edited:

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
@mirko73 I do not have this antenna yet, I even did not see it in real. However, I have real possibility to get it, just need more time. Mirror material is aluminum, so it can not be rusted, just needs a little cleaning and maybe also painting. My plan is to bring it home, renovate, install, "play with it" and only then I could speak about giving it to other hands.

mirko73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GIBERTINI 150 -SMR 1224
My Location
ITALY
@mirko73 I do not have this antenna yet, I even did not see it in real. However, I have real possibility to get it, just need more time. Mirror material is aluminum, so it can not be rusted, just needs a little cleaning and maybe also painting. My plan is to bring it home, renovate, install, "play with it" and only then I could speak about giving it to other hands.
@RimaNTSS
where do you live ?

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Not far from Riga.

pitussat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dishes: CM 3m SMC,-Prodelin 3m SMC old version ,CM 1,80m SMC, Fibo 1,2m, Wavefrontier T90
receivers;>30 different types.+ TBS5925/6925 ETC
My Location
belluno, Italy
, if this antenna could be an interest of you then after I play with it some time we can speak about shipping it to Italy.
[/QUOTE]
sorry ,not about thread........RIMAS...i'm searching for a feed-horn in Cassegrain CONFIGURATION, making experiments on my PRODELIN 1305(3m PFa, 0,3f/d), have you?

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
have you?
No, I do not have. And have no idea where to get one. Looking at you signature I wonder wheatear I have seen picture of your antennas. :Y

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
, if this antenna could be an interest of you then after I play with it some time we can speak about shipping it to Italy.
sorry ,not about thread........RIMAS...i'm searching for a feed-horn in Cassegrain CONFIGURATION, making experiments on my PRODELIN 1305(3m PFa, 0,3f/d), have you?
[/QUOTE]

What frequencies are you trying to receive on the Prodelin ?