Enigma web interface problem

janu74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
Win Vista
My Location
Malta
I am trying to access my DM600 via IE or firefox but I am only managing to get as far as seeing all the icons figures etc of the Enigma web interface LESS the channel list. I am also able to see the channel name on which the DM is tuned at that instant but no Channel List!!
Apart from that the connection looks to be very slow. My DM is connected with a CAT5 cable to my router XyZEL model P-320W.

Has anyone experienced this same problem or is there anyone who could illuminate me as to what I can do to connect to DM from my PC.

I have exhausted all options.

Thanks
:confused

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
janu74 said:
I am trying to access my DM600 via IE or firefox but I am only managing to get as far as seeing all the icons figures etc of the Enigma web interface LESS the channel list. I am also able to see the channel name on which the DM is tuned at that instant but no Channel List!!
Apart from that the connection looks to be very slow. My DM is connected with a CAT5 cable to my router XyZEL model P-320W.

Has anyone experienced this same problem or is there anyone who could illuminate me as to what I can do to connect to DM from my PC.

I have exhausted all options.

Thanks
:confused

Try a direct LAN connection between PC and Dreambox (i.e. without the router or internet) and see what happens.
You may need to redefine the IP's (PC and box)

janu74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
Win Vista
My Location
Malta
Thanks for your reply.

I considered that option but my problem is that I am using card sh... and so I need the internet connection to watch the channels.

Is there any alternative?

Thanks

A nonymous

Reaction score
Which image are you using. I don't have any problems accessing the web interface on my 600 :-worship

janu74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
Win Vista
My Location
Malta
I am using version Gemini version 4.0.

Any suggestions?

janu74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
Win Vista
My Location
Malta
Is it possible that no one knows or has ever come across such a problem!!!!

Please help me

Thanks

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
I've occasionally come across something like this, but clicking the 'ZAP' button is usually enough to load the channel list.

Loading is slow in any case, but it seems to just be a case the the connection sometimes times out before the page is fully loaded.

Have you tried a more recent version of Gemini? (Be carefull which image you load if you have a clone box.)

janu74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
Win Vista
My Location
Malta
I clicked ZAP a thousand times by now but I am still getting everything on screen except the channel list.

Compufunk what is this thing you mentioned of connection timeout and how can I check if this is happening or net?

Thanks

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
janu74 said:
Thanks for your reply.

I considered that option but my problem is that I am using card sh... and so I need the internet connection to watch the channels.

Is there any alternative?

Thanks

Surely you can have a little break from CS in order to test the direct connection.

janu74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
Win Vista
My Location
Malta
Yes you are right HB13DISH. Although I posted that reply I decided to have a try with a direct connection. I used my laptop to try and connect directly to DM but with no success. Now its either I did not connect the two properly or else there is a problem.

What I cannot understand is why is it that I get all the layout of the enigma web interface uploaded to my PC but then it stops short of displaying the channel list. As I understand it, if I am getting the web IF displayed and also the current channel on which the DM is tuned is displayed in the top portion of the screen, it means that I am connected to DM right?

Well I am lost and dont know what else to try. Perhaps I am doomed not to use the web interface:confused

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
janu74 said:
Yes you are right HB13DISH. Although I posted that reply I decided to have a try with a direct connection. I used my laptop to try and connect directly to DM but with no success. Now its either I did not connect the two properly or else there is a problem.
You cant connect the laptop directly to the dreambox using the same cable that connects it to the router, thats a patch lead, you need a crossover cable to make a direct connection.

As I understand it, if I am getting the web IF displayed and also the current channel on which the DM is tuned is displayed in the top portion of the screen, it means that I am connected to DM right?
Yes, it sounds like you are connected OK.

Have you tried a different image?

Have you tried connecting with Firefox instead of IE?
Compufunk what is this thing you mentioned of connection timeout and how can I check if this is happening or net?

You dont get a message saying that it timed out, but after loading part of the page it sits there for a while trying to load before stopping.

Sorry, cant help you much more as I have never seen the problem as persistently as you describe.

giocaro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
Italy
Hi folks

Yesterday I tried to set up the access my DM800 from the internet and I had exactly the same problem.
The web interface works fine within the home LAN, but when accessed via the internet, the page loads all except the contents of the frames - for example the channel list etc... it just hangs there with the animated icons saying "loading"
I am using Gemini2 v4.20
I would guess that this due to the restriction related to going through the router and firewall - and restricting the traffic to port 80. I will do more tests in the following days and post the results.
Has anyone found the soution in the meantime?

Bye

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
Works fine here by just opening and forwarding port 80.
giocaro said:
and restricting the traffic to port 80.
All HTTP traffic is routed through port 80 so once its open there should be no restriction other than needing to authenticate.

I'm using Gemini 4.5 and Nabilosat Darkstar II.

Attachments

• webif.JPG
    webif.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 108
  • webif2.JPG
    webif2.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 110

giocaro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
Italy
Thanks
Now it works for me too.
I guess the problem was just slow loeading...
Sometime I have to refresh the screen to have all the frames, left and right, loaded correctly
Regards
G

janu74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
Win Vista
My Location
Malta
Hello All

My problem was that I had a faulty network card on my DM600. As soon as the supplier changed the card all went back to normal and I am now watching my DM on PC with no problems at all.

Thanks to all those who tried to helpl me out.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
Glad you got it sorted. Thanks for letting us know.:)

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
could it be posible,that the reason of slow loading is a clone box,with maybe only 10 mbit instead of 100 mbit card inside?
in the last month,a got a lot of reports,about network problems with clone boxes,you check is your box a clone or not?