Advice Needed Enigma2 - added satellite - scanned and found TPs - not showing in list afterwards...

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
so ive recently mastered entering new sats into satellites.xml (not hard at all really) - once done, these then show up in a blind scan \ or any channel scan option.

however, after a scan completes, and EVEN if it finds TPs and channels, the satellite does not get added to the satellite \ channel list. (i.e when you press down on remote, green button \ simple or extended - its not shown) - neither the NEW sat, NOR the new channels found are showing in the list of sats \ channels.

any ideas....?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I use to have the same random issues like that (on OpenVix). Scanned TPs disappear for no reason... Can't remember what I did to fix it - probably another image.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
so ive recently mastered entering new sats into satellites.xml (not hard at all really) - once done, these then show up in a blind scan \ or any channel scan option.

however, after a scan completes, and EVEN if it finds TPs and channels, the satellite does not get added to the satellite \ channel list. (i.e when you press down on remote, green button \ simple or extended - its not shown) - neither the NEW sat, NOR the new channels found are showing in the list of sats \ channels.

any ideas....?

Just a guess but did you configure your receiver tuner for the new satellites?

Other than that, as stated by CJ you could try a different image. The SF8008 has 4 boot slots available, you could load something like OpenATV or TNAP into a vacant slot and boot the receiver from that.
You can always reboot back into the original image using the SF8008 multiboot option if you get no luck or dont like any of the alternative images.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
thanks guys!

yes, it is VIX - my favourite image....i will see if the same thing happens on another image, in a different slot.

@moonbase not sure what you mean, surely if the sat is available in order to scan it, (after adding it to satellites.xml) then surely, thats enough...?

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
thanks guys!

yes, it is VIX - my favourite image....i will see if the same thing happens on another image, in a different slot.

@moonbase not sure what you mean, surely if the sat is available in order to scan it, (after adding it to satellites.xml) then surely, thats enough...?

Yes, I tend to agree with you that if the satellite is available to the scanning menus then it should save.
However some images can often be quirky and a bit unpredicatable in how they perform actions. It might be the customised xml file causing some type of error in the save?

I have attached a screenshot below of a tuner configuration.
If you check the same menu section in your OpenViX image do you see the problematic satellite listed for your tuner configuration?

I am only blindly guessing that it might be something to do with the tuner configuration. It sounds like there is some flag or marker not set correctly somewhere in the E2 system that is preventing the save you wish for?

TunerConfig.jpg

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK
Yes, I tend to agree with you that if the satellite is available to the scanning menus then it should save.
However some images can often be quirky and a bit unpredicatable in how they perform actions. It might be the customised xml file causing some type of error in the save?

I have attached a screenshot below of a tuner configuration.
If you check the same menu section in your OpenViX image do you see the problematic satellite listed for your tuner configuration?

I am only blindly guessing that it might be something to do with the tuner configuration. It sounds like there is some flag or marker not set correctly somewhere in the E2 system that is preventing the save you wish for?

View attachment 134206
thanks mate
no - mine says: Positioner: USALS .

Last edited:

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
thanks mate
no - mine says: Positioner: USALS .

I forgot, you are using the receiver to move the dish, you will have a different settings configuration.
Oh well, not sure what to suggest now.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK
no worries, appreicate the help, i'll see if OpenATV does the same, or maybe PLI.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK
same thing happens on OpenPLI too, must be an ancient bug that no one cares about, as most people couldnt care less about blind scanning and geeky stuff.

a shame...have to scan it everytime

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK
i posted on another forum and this is the explanation \ solution....

Enigma2 will log services it finds during a blindscan or transponder scan. But it will only store channels in the main satellites or channels list if the type is listed in the channel selection file. I think on 40.5w c band, you will find some channels can be scanned that have a type not listed in the channel selection file. These channels can only be viewed under last scanned until a new scan is made. If you want to save these channels for viewing, then you need to add them to a Favourites Bouquet.