S

satwa

ok all lets get down to busness...
here in Australia we have 2 main providers of tv services
one works with the new cams ok,gold card and all
the other MAIN one does not even with a valid subscibed Original card
the reason,who the hell knows?
the main qusetion that i need answered (and nearly everyone else asked) is
1)if i reprogram the cam (1.06/2.09 p/n 901275) with alphacrypt will the cam work like a 4.6 or a australian 1.5 or is the bin file derived from 2.09 firmware-i have looked at the alpha bin file and found 1.06/2.09 refered in it

2) is there a HARDWARE change since the origanal cams...ie can i replace the flash with a one done with the first version off the firmware from an original CAM

3)has anyone updated the firmware with alphacrypt with just a pc
or nokia and if so where is a page with instructions to do so for one or both methods----in english

4 what would stop a unmodified cam from decoding a valid signal,is the cam key doing this and is there a hack to rectify this

let get all the info together and work this out

regards to all
satwa
western australia

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
There are two types of Euro CAM.
The 1.05 CAM is flashable from a PC just as the original CAM was/is.
But that was very shortlived and quickly replaced by he 1.06, which is NOT flashable externally. IE you MUST open up the CAM, desolder the TSOP flash eeprom (very tricky, since it has tiny, vulnerable pins), reflash it using a suitable TSOP-to-DIL adaptor and a generic programmer that can handle the chip-type, and then solder it back in (and reseal the CAM).

A thread now runing here refers to Russian pages on the net that contain all the detail you will need.

I can't say whether Alphacrypt is compatible with the different Irdeto variants you seem to be referring to as used in Australia.

The reason a particular firmware may or may not be compatible with a particular variant varies. It may be that the Irdeto variant in question is using some tags on its commands that some Irdeto CAMs don not expect. Think particularly of the country-code.
In principle all such things can be patched for compatibility (as indeed Betacrypt was enabled through the first Irdeto CAM patches).

We would need much more specific info on the Irdeto variants you are using across there to even know where to start...

2old

S

satwa

ok,so if i have to remove the flash memory can it be reflashed to a early version off the firmware or is there a hardware change in the CAM
satwa

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
if your Antipodean modules are the same as our European ones, then there are limits on what can be flashed where.
Firmware of the 1.05 or earlier non-Euro modules is not compatible with the 1.06 or higher Euro CAMs. Different flash eeprom in the CAM...

Check the Russian links posted here a couple of days ago.

2old

Bthree

Reaction score
I have battled with this issue in the recent past gave up and bought a older series one 00.03 CIcam and flashed it to freeCAM2-106 and solved my problem but from what i gathered the Australian varient of the Euro 1.06 will only do provider 10 and not PR00.

Our Euro friends will be able to confirm if the series 2 cams will do both PR00 and PR10 and if this is the case you could get hold of the soft for a 1.06 Irdeto and reflash your cam by taking the IC out and using a programmer.

Alphacrypt would possibly work as a standard Irdeto CIcam but the betadigital bit will not help you and the file is freely available

Good luck,

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Alphacypt bin loaded into a 106 Euro CAM does give access to provider-10 as well as any (other) Betacrypt-encrypted stuff. That much I do know...

2old

S

satwa

ok,now we know the australian cam problem is that it will do only
provider 10
can anyone confirm that the "European" firmware for alphacrypt or even the firmware for a European version off 1.06/2.09 do BOTH
provider 00 and 10 ?

satwa

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Yes it does.
Your saying the Aussie version doesn't is strange. Are you saying that there is a hardware difference in the CAM? Or that there is a different version of the Alphacrypt bin floating around across there??

2old

S

satwa

our irdeto eurocam 1.06/2.09 will not do provider 00
provider 10 is not a problem
it must be a firmware mod
in australia,you can not use your own sat gear for pay tv
EVER......they supply the receiver(pace/uec) and that is locked
to provider 00

as you can see we have a major problem if you want to use your own gear even with a REAL card and with the price off a 4.xx or allcam
being 100-200 pounds its just out off reach (36p to the aussie $1)
all i have to do is reflash the memory in one off our cams and away
we go.....just need to know what would be the BEST option
a european version off 1.06/2.09 or alphacrypt..i dont bloody care
as long as it will do both providers
what you think 20ld
satwa

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The only way to sort this out for sure would be to open up your CAM and see if it has the same chip spec (& layout) as the European ones. If so you could load a European Alphacrypt bin into the EEPROM (but that requires desoldering it first).

Detailed internal photos of the European CAMs are here:
http://www.geocities.com/revera.geo/CI/ci_1.html
(page is in Russian but if you need the text and can't read Russian, open it under Alta-Vista translate).

European Alphacrypt.bin is at various sites, including the page mentioned above.

2old

S

satwa

it is the same hardware,just the firmware is modified
so here is the conclusions

in the european version of irdeto Eurocam version 1.06/2.09
it is non flashable in a laptop
it does have some problems with goldwafers running some versions off hex

it CAN do both providers 00 and 10

with the Australian version
all off the above EXCEPT:
it will not do provider 00 (the pay tv mob)

and Alphacrypt is able to be flashed to a Eurocam 1.06/2.09
ONLY when the 28F040A is removed and flashed in a programmer.....

just a thought
when you have changed to Alphacrypt,
1)is the cam then able to be flashed to another version off alphacrypt
in a laptop?

2) what else can it decrypt?

regard all,and you too, the old wise ones
satwa

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
These CAMs can not be flashed at all in a laptop, ever. Access to the eeprom is blocked.
Alphacrypt also decrypts the Irdeto variant used by ORF, and I think (but am not sure) Zee TV.

2old