eurosport intl and eurosport 2 FTA?

magictom123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tevion 28216ALD (from Aldi)
My Location
North West England
Hello one and all,

I have only had my dish set up and working for 2 days but in that time I had managed to find online the transponder for eurosport international and eurosport 2 along with the same channels in various languages - they were on 11242 V 27500. Now, it was only this morning that I found this information and so tuned in these channels. The information that I gained form from an old post somewhere that was about 3 years old. Now, I added the Transponder manually and did a search and everything worked great...but after more rooting on the net I decided to do a blind scan. Since then eurosport and its pals are showing as being scrambled. Do you think this is something I have done or is it just coincidental that the day I add teh channel using 3 year info is the day the channel becomes scrambled. Is the third possibilty that the channels comes and goes and I just have to wait for it to reopen? I am new to this but have done a lot of reading over the last few days. I was hoping something could give me a definitive answer as to whether they can get eurosport at the moment FTA on hotbird and if so, any ideas on how I can get it back.

Thanks.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
There are occasional FTA promos of these Channels, but if you want Eurosport International permanently FTA (Well, for a couple of years, anyway), try 19.2E.

Eurosport in Digital has German soundtrack

Eurosport in Analogue (if you have the facility) has an optional English soundtrack.

Generally, however, Eurosport and it's siblings on other Satellite are Encrypted.

The easiest way to keep up with stuff that is temporarliy FTA is to keep an eye on Listings sites.

eg

_http://www.flysat.com/t-fta.php

Finally, if you look elsewhere on that same site, you will see the normal status of the Channels on Hotbird 11240 V

_http://www.flysat.com/hotbird.php

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
It comes and goes - but its scrambled much more than its fta.

There doesnt seem to be any fta versions on 13E atm

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Blow me ............... I got there first for once! :D

magictom123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West England
thanks for such a quick reply. I guess theyve gone again for now. It was a bit strange though as I said because I used info from a 3 year old post to find the channels this morning, continued playing with the transponders, had a sleep and then come back to find theyve become scrambled - oh well. I have 2 dishes (aldi FTA kit and old sky mini dish), one pointing at astra 28.2e and the other at hotbird 19e. However, since the new dish has only been up a few days I need to make the existing hole in the wall big enough for 2 cables to run through it. Until then, having astra means having the front door open and running the cable through the house. Its a bit cold for that so I'll wait til I do some drilling but I have seen eurosport in german on 28.2

Thanks again for the speedy replies.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You dont need 2 cables through the wall - all you need is a disecq switch by the dishes :)

**Unless you want to use a sky digibox - they dont support disecq switching)

magictom123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West England
thanks for the info. I am not sure what the diseq thing is. I have seen the option on the tevion receiver I have to switch it on so guess I could go that route. Am I right to say that it is a kind of switch box to go between the dishes. I don't think I would be too keen on having any more stuff outside where vandals/local losers could mess around with things. Either way, it wont be too much effort to make a slightly bigger hole and have two cables going into the house. I have a cable splitter that I plan to use. I don't know if it will work yet but the plan is to use the on screen menu to switch between satellites and their channels as the cables will both be plugged into the receiver via the splitter. That way, I can have eurosport on astra and all the italian channels on hotbird (I am learning italian).