Extended Ku band???

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 2.4m motorised offset dish, Viking Ku-band 2-ports motorised feed, 2 SMW LNBs, RC2000A, Dreambox DM920.
My Location
Milan, Italy
I heard that an Extended Ku band could exist. Could you please advice about that?
Is it a new frequency band or something related to the actual 10.7-12.75 GHz band?
If it is a new portion, which satellites are planned to use it?
Last but not least, which LNB can be used? It seems not so easy to cover more than the actual Ku band with a single LNB....
Thanks.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I heard that an Extended Ku band could exist. Could you please advice about that?
Is it a new frequency band or something related to the actual 10.7-12.75 GHz band?
If it is a new portion, which satellites are planned to use it?
Last but not least, which LNB can be used? It seems not so easy to cover more than the actual Ku band with a single LNB....
Thanks.

If you want to buy an extended Ku-Band LNB off the shelf you might have to import from China unless you can find a European supplier?
I dont think there have been any reports yet of signals in the extended band but there are certainly LNB's being made that cover the frequency range.

Ready To Strap Up.jpg

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 2.4m motorised offset dish, Viking Ku-band 2-ports motorised feed, 2 SMW LNBs, RC2000A, Dreambox DM920.
My Location
Milan, Italy
Not interesting yet. I asked this just to understand what it is.
Thank you for the above links, is Türksat the only european satellite covering these new frequencies? Or are there more planned? Thanks.

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
Not interesting yet. I asked this just to understand what it is.
Thank you for the above links, is Türksat the only european satellite covering these new frequencies? Or are there more planned? Thanks.

Iv'e been monitoring Extended upper Ku for about two years now and really not too much at all to report
Monitoring Amos17 for about two years - was reported to have Extended Ku but not seen anything yet.
Turksat 5A @ 30.9 East has had a monitor / beacon on 13.404 V for a very long time now but nothing else.
Turksat 5B - nothing to report yet apart from the allocated beacons that are active at present on 11452.6 & 11704.5