4Himdj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 Laminas Dish
My Location
Rome
Hello,
I receveid from FERGUSON new ARIVA 255 COMBO S

The design is very nice (I have the white one).

It has 2 usb slot, 1 common interface slot, 1 smart card reader. Wifi can be used through a wifi usb stick.

This receiver is dedicated to who needs a receiver able to handle both dvb-t h.265 hevc and satellite trasmission. Here Italian Dvb-t2 “TEST HEVC” is normally screened.

Blind scan is good, able to find tp near 2mhz.

But obvsiously is not dedicated to extreme dxing both for features and for tuner sensitivity that is “in the norm”.

What impress me it's his overall stability. In particular way common interface module is recognized very fast (better than my axhd 61 too) and works perfectly with every subscription I usually use.

For example nc+ subscription works without freeze differently from other receivers i have tested (like amiko 8260+ or eniI've tested these cam: Viaccess, Conax, Nc+, XtraTv with no problem at all.gma2 receivers).

Smart card reader works fine too.

No issues or bugs with motorized system like H-H motor.

I suggest this receiver to who is searching for a stable way to use both dvb-t2 and satellite

Obviosuly there is a lot to improve and I send my suggestion to the company. In particular way I ask them to add some “features” that can help dxer, not only for this model, but maybe for future products.

We'll see if something interesting will be added.

More here: https://ferguson-digital.eu/downloa.../datasheets/Ferguson-Ariva_255_Combo_s-en.pdf

Best regards.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
It is from the same factory that manufactures the Technomate TM5402 Mk4