Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Maxview Crank Up
Dreambox 600 PVR
Gemini 4.4
Cccam2.09
My Location
UK
I need help!!!!! Have bought a DB 600 having had my DB 500 zapped by the Gemini image I had put on it, thinking it would be the same process to install a new image and EMU on it, in order to get it to read my slycard.
I can get my PC/DB600 talking to each other through my router and using DCC I have confirmed this. I have also now got a null modem cable and again using DCC and setting it to cross over, I know that my PC/DB 600 can see each other. My problem is that I cant seem to get dreamup to connect to the box, and I havent got a clue what to do with an .nfi image .
Is there a idiots guide for an idiot that I have missed or can someone point me in the direction of a step by step guide (with Pictures!!!!!) on how do do this using DCC. ANy help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Am i write in thinking that i have to put a new image on the box in order to change the EMU? If not, at the end of the day all I need the box to do is read/update my slycard.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Have a look at the Idiots guide,
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...diots-answers-questions-tips-tricks-RTFM.html

Most of the apps for flashing dreambox's dont recognise the NFI file format and are usually looking for files with .IMG extension. This includes DCC i think.

Dreamup should be able to do it using a null modem cable, I have done it in the past, Just make sure you tell it the correct port to use.

I usually do it over LAN these days. You'll just need to know what IP your Dreambox will have once the flash has been erased.

_www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/attachment.php?attachmentid=42563

Am i write in thinking that i have to put a new image on the box in order to change the EMU? If not, at the end of the day all I need the box to do is read/update my slycard.
I think you are correct.

CCcam can do what you need here.

Swiftysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Maxview Crank Up
Dreambox 600 PVR
Gemini 4.4
Cccam2.09
My Location
UK
Thanks for the reply copufunc. I have now managed to get new image onto box. I have gone through the requested set up again inc transponder scan and everything works fine until I turn off the box. The next time I turn it on all I get on the screen is "theGP Loading enigma" nothing else happens.
Also I now cant connect to DCC. It cant find the IP address. Any ideas anyone?

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
Swiftysat said:
Thanks for the reply copufunc. I have now managed to get new image onto box. I have gone through the requested set up again inc transponder scan and everything works fine until I turn off the box. The next time I turn it on all I get on the screen is "theGP Loading enigma" nothing else happens.
Also I now cant connect to DCC. It cant find the IP address. Any ideas anyone?
What image did you load and, how did you go about it? It does take a few minutes for the receiver to boot. Does it eventually load?

The only time I've seen my DB get stuck like that was when something went wrong during the image installation while I was setting up a multi-boot environment. I ended up reinstalling the image.

Swiftysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Maxview Crank Up
Dreambox 600 PVR
Gemini 4.4
Cccam2.09
My Location
UK
compufunk said:
What image did you load and, how did you go about it? It does take a few minutes for the receiver to boot. Does it eventually load?

The only time I've seen my DB get stuck like that was when something went wrong during the image installation while I was setting up a multi-boot environment. I ended up reinstalling the image.

OK, fairly predicatbly all the problems were with me not the box. Coupled with the fact that every time I load a new image, I have to take evrything back out to the motorhome to complete the set up before I find out if I have got it right. Finaly left everything on the desk in the house and ran a long aerial lead from the motor home.
I have now tried several images but found the latest Gemini one was the only one I could update the EMU by using the blue botton.
Everthing is fine now except!!!!! Being in the motorhome, the box isnt left on, so when I turn it on it says on the screen. "Loading Enigma" and stays on that indefinatly. If I press the buttons on the remote for a picture everything is working fine.
Mant thanks for the reply and help.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
Swiftysat said:
Everthing is fine now except!!!!! Being in the motorhome, the box isnt left on, so when I turn it on it says on the screen. "Loading Enigma" and stays on that indefinatly. If I press the buttons on the remote for a picture everything is working fine.
Mant thanks for the reply and help.
I see what you mean, Does this still happen after you have scanned a satellite(s)?

It will display that screen until a channel is selected for display, I have found it displays a channel automatically once you scan in some services. If not, press the menu button while a bouquet is loaded, You will see an option to select a startup service. That should stop it displaying the "Loading Enigma" screen.

C :)

Swiftysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Maxview Crank Up
Dreambox 600 PVR
Gemini 4.4
Cccam2.09
My Location
UK
compufunk said:

It was entirly my mistake. I had some R232 leads from work but these were not wired up correctly, so I re soldered them as per a diagram I found on Doom9 webpage. It cant believe I am owning up to this but I soldered the wires on back to front, if you get my drift. :-rofl2 As soon as I realised my c*ck up and corrected it I was off and away.
I will try your sugestion about the "loading enigma" screen tonight when I get home.
Many thanks.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
Swiftysat said:
It was entirly my mistake. I had some R232 leads from work but these were not wired up correctly, so I re soldered them as per a diagram I found on Doom9 webpage. It cant believe I am owning up to this but I soldered the wires on back to front, if you get my drift. :-rofl2 As soon as I realised my c*ck up and corrected it I was off and away.
I will try your sugestion about the "loading enigma" screen tonight when I get home.
Many thanks.

No worries, thats exactly how I made up my null modem cable, I have to admit I almost lost track of my wire mapping during the process, Its easily done. Glad your up and running.:)

broxie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
breambox 600pvr
My Location
wales
Help the only .nfi I can find for mydb600 is turk-dreamworld is this ok ? or is there a better one