Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Scottish Lowland League have given up & declared the season finished. Kelty Hearts are the champions

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
After several days of delays the SPFL has got the votes to end the season for the 3 lower leagues. The Scots Prem will almost certainly go the same way, but not just yet

marshall54

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
eutelsat 5vest b
My Location
romania
The latest news from England say that, the main championship (Premier League), will not start again before July 1 !!! ... and that,
surely there will be no spectators on the stadiums !!!
Mr. Analoguesat, please, give me better news, than the ones I heard ... I was tired of watching live football matches (on Belarus, Nicaragua, Tajikistan), than the ones we played when I was a kid, over 60 years ago ...

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No good news Im sorry to say. The way things are going in the UK Id say July 1st is optimistic. Roughly speaking the UK is about a month behind mainland Europe in the spread of the virus and there is no sign of lockdown being eased at the moment here.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
30th June could be the final day of this season no matter what state the leagues are in

marshall54

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
eutelsat 5vest b
My Location
romania
The way they have done so far in the lower leagues in England or Scotland ... are there any signs that the current rankings will not be canceled?
Although in the past I sympathized with Liverpool (through the 70s, when they had an excellent team, now with the teams where Jose Mourinho and Manchester City coach), although sometimes they were lucky and others were helped by the referees ... they still deserve the title. champions of England in football ..a ... it would be an injustice not to be declared a winner.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Scottish league standings in the Championship down to the Highland & Lowland leagues stand as is with the current team who are top declared champions. Its likely there will be some league reconstruction so as not to financially penalise the teams who are bottom by forced relegation & bring up Kelty Hearts & Brora into Div 2.

In England all the leagues below the National Leagues have been declared void with no promotion/relegation. The National League havent decided how their season will end but realistically no more games are going to be played this season. They just need to decide what happens after its declared ended.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
It looks like all Europen leagues will be finished one way or another by Aug 29th. Thats the date UEFA want the Champions League final played - and that signals the end of the European season.

xyladecor

Reaction score
Website
www.georgemichaelconcerts.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020 HD, Dreambox 525, AX Triple X - Hirschmann 120 FESAT K IBU Twin - Sky Germany, Digi Slovakia, Telepiu
My Location
Vienna Austria, 48.21° N, 16.37° E
Its not to exepect any of big leagues can restart before beginning/middle of July, and thats very optimistic especially for LaLiga, Serie A & Ligue1, as well as the EPL, which all have 10-12 ronds to play, but with this new CL Final date maybe a new time window was opend, which give them the time they need. Let us hope the best.

And than a much later start for european club competitions in Oct/Nov. For that they should cancel the needless nations league.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The 3 National leagues have voted to end their seasons immediately although no decision has been made yet as to whether the current standings are final or the season will be void..

marshall54

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
eutelsat 5vest b
My Location
romania
The latest news ... I predict the start of the championship in England ... Monday, June 8 !!!
The plan is for all the remaining 92 matches to be played in ... 6 weeks !!!

All matches will be ... without spectators.

All matches will be played on neutral stadiums !!!

Some stadiums will host 1,2,3 or even 4 matches a day !!!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I wouldnt bank on it - the FIFA medical chief wants the European season cancelled - and everyone to focus on the new season!

If the medical guys say no thats it - season over for everybody.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Last edited:

marshall54

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
eutelsat 5vest b
My Location
romania
Uncertainty and quarrel continue !!!

The finalization of the football championship, 2019-2020 edition, is still uncertain, some clubs wanting the last option discussed, for the matches to be played on neutral ground, to be eliminated.
For the first time, the issue of concluding the championship was raised ... but this option involves the loss of sums valued at approximately 1 million pounds !!!
So, we continue to find a good option ... as the government does not want to hear the version with stadiums with spectators, it falls.
The variant with neutral stadiums, again is unapproved, because, apart from the financial losses due to the non-sale of tickets, there is the problem for the fans to come to the neutral stadium, to express their support for the favorite team !!!
By May 25, the English football federation must send its answer to UEFA regarding the resumption of the football championship .... so, a week before the government's decision ... whether or not to continue the football championship.
Now, as we post these lines, plan A is for the remaining matches to start on Friday, June 12th.
Despite the words of the "collective will" to continue the discussions to find the best formula to solve the end of the championship, the dissensions are obvious and difficult to remove.
Another problem (if the matches will not be played), is the establishment of the champion and the relegated teams !!!
Regarding the champion, things are obvious, but regarding the relegations the problem is sensitive, because the rules never change during the game ... but the trend (following the discussions of the representatives of all the teams), is that no team should be relegated !! !
The conclusion is that no concrete measures have been taken regarding the remaining matches ... this being the point of interest of football fans.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The clubs in English League 2 have voted to end the season now with a points per game average deciding final places. A later meeting will decide on promotion / relegation, although Stevenage are likely to be spared the drop this year

Hopefully Barrow will be promoted from the National League to fill the space left by the demise of Bury at the start of the season.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Scottish Prem has been ended this morning - to no-ones surprise I guess seeing as most of the teams dont have the cash to pay for the ongoing CV19 testing that would be needed for a restart

marshall54

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
eutelsat 5vest b
My Location
romania
Regarding League 2, everything would be OK, regarding the relegation ... but, regarding the promotion, it is not correct a play off (4,5,6,7), in the current formula, why do I say this:
One of my soul teams, a legend of English football PORT VALE (8th place in the standings), would be deprived of the chance to promote in league one, by remaining in the standings at the current stage, 6-COLCHESTER 58 ... 7-NORTHAMPTON 58 ... 8-PORT VALE 57 ... the introduction of some rules now is a big mistake knowing that the rules are not introduced during the game, but before the game !!! ... even if the situation requires it, it is not at all correct.
At least a dam should be played between the three teams mentioned above ...
Port Vale must appeal, it is outrageous what is happening !!!
As for the Scottish league, which practically always has 2 protagonists and rarely 3, it does not interest anyone, the outcome ... excluding the supporters of Celtic and Rangers.
I saw a few matches of the two teams in this championship ... Celtic is more valuable even if I sympathized with Steven Gerrard's team (Rangers) ... and he deserves the title of champion.
Regarding the resumption of the Premier League and Championship ... I don't understand the stuttering and indecision of those who lead the destinies of the first two championships in England !!!
Start the championships once ...

1-tests on all players ... who is sick no longer plays.
2-tests for all team officials.
3-tests at referees.
4-games without spectators.

We, the football fans, lost a lot of money from the subscriptions to different television channels.
He must follow the example of Germany and once again leave this uninterrupted laughter, for the money he earns, the players should not turn up their noses so much and behave like spoiled children ... start playing and you're done .... it starts to look like this situation with Formula 1 ... which introduced so much to the king so that the children there (also called drivers) not to get a little jealous ... like, hop, safety measures.
We are waiting to see football ... and the ladies to finish with the safety measures ... again, I repeat ... take the example of Germany.

mikeisyou

Feed Hunter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Octagon SX88+, Static 1.2m Raven Dish (22w to 33e), Motorized Dish (9e to 52e)
My Location
England
Plans to show English Premier League matches free to air on BBC for the first time, from The Times: