freecam kills cards

telemea1

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
hello everybody,
i have a humax 5100 and i just flashed my old irdeto 4.7 se to freecam2 017 because of seca. then i flashed 2 goldwafers with some irdeto + seca combinations, didn't know wich files exactly to use, the cards worked fine in a humax 5400.
but after i put them into my cam ( where they didn't work, screen remains black, of course emu=off ) they didn't work either in the humax 5400 ! even after i flashed them again !
what happened ? are the cards closed ( do they need reanimation ? - i thought that this can happen only to originals, cause goldwafers do not have signature ) or did my cam damage the cards ?
how can i check the cards or the cam ? i don't have a season interface and i use an old multiprog 1999 for flashing the cards.
i appreciate any help.
thx!

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,
Not all files that works in Humax, would work in a freecam 2-017, you have to download a special file call Seca in Freecam-2-017, I am not sure whether Irseto works in freecam, but it is worth a try.

regards

Prince

telemea1

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
yes, i already noticed that, i should use the rapsac files, but this is not my problem.
my 2 goldwafer cards seem to be dead. when i flash them the multiprog says "verify ok" but they do not work in the humax 5400 ( it belongs to a friend ), where they did before i put them into my cam.
it is possible that i took them out of the cam without to set the receiver on stand by but this was after the screen remained black and i don't thinck that this can cause something to the cards.
i don't know how to check my cards !

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
You check your cards by programming them and reading back what you programmed. If the content is the same then they should be ok. The verify function on most programming packages serves this purpose.

I have used dozens of different cards and kinds of card, in various CAMs and releases of AllCAM or FreeCAM firmware, including FreeCAM, FreeCAM2 v0.15, 0.16. 0.17. Never have I had a card actually damaged, although I have had cards get damaged spontaneously : quality varies, they have a limite lifespan anyway of about 1000 programming sessions, etc. Static can also short the chips out. Who knows. I had a card go that I'd only ever used in an embedded Viaccess CAM, for example.

2old