freecam on Nokia 9600

R

rhodos

Dear Sir

I have a Nokia 9600 with dvb2000 and a Freecam2.
At "Help" section I see XXX:keynumber, yyy:bytes8*3
but when I enter in Decimal the first 4 digits at
the "Enter keynr + plainkey in Decimal:" section
it takes me back to irdeto Freecam 2 main menu

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you for your Time

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I know that some receivers did/do have problems with the entering of plainkeys in FreeCAMs. The Echostars did in a much earlier software level, for example.
Did it ever work? With which versions of FreeCAM?
Which version are you using now? FreeCAM2 0.15 or 0.16?
Do you need the FreeCAM2? Perhaps the original FreeCAM would work better.
Also make sure you have the most recent versiln of the Overlow software.

Anyone else out there with other tips/info?

2old

R

rhodos

I an using the last version of DVB2000
I tried 015,016 and 016 with some fixes but I have the same problem. I will try to find the original Freecam and I will
inform you about the results.

Thank you

malcol27

Reaction score
I have the same configuration and I am trying to get DS9 working properly. I have been able to decode Ir*** and some v*** but not with any degree of consistency. If anyone has had any luck with this configuration (9600, Freecam 2.16 and DS9 5.02/5.01 with piccard2) please post your results and what eventually made it work. I will do the same if I ever get it figured out !

R

rhodos

Yesterday i put dvb2000beta02 from http://www.dominance.net/overflow/download.html
After that I was able to enter the codes correctly.
Even that I can't see the last 6 or 9 digits when I put the code
it works fine

The only problem is that I have to wait about 15min to get
a picture. Is that normal?

malcol27

Reaction score
make sure your using dvb2000 1821k ... that seems to make a big difference.

>I an using the last version
>of DVB2000
>I tried 015,016 and 016 with
>some fixes but I have
>the same problem. I will
>try to find the original
>Freecam and I will
>inform you about the results.
>
>Thank you

malcol27

Reaction score
I have tried various versions of 3in1 with Piccard2 and with Funcard and have been unable to get Vi*** to work. I have a nokia 9600 and Freecam .16 and Firmware 1821k. Is there anyone out there with a Nokia 9600 that can DEFINITELY tell me which 3in1 file to use and/or what changes to make in the .bin/.hex to get it working in the 9600? I have heard "change the CoCo" and things like "Change the Goodies settings", but I need specific settings and firmware versions and file change information from someone that has it working! Thanks!

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 22-Aug-01 AT 10:48 PM (GMT)[/font][p]did you see this?
http://www.satellites.co.uk/cgi-bin/webforum/forum.cgi?az=read_count&om=248&forum=DCForumID15&omm=0&auto_sense=on

Try those files.

Freecam2 v0.17 "Goodies" settings (as tested on an Echostar ad3000 with no other CAMs in use and the codex seca+irdeto wafer):

ALL-ECM : makes no difference (options are: on, off)

ECM : makes no difference (options are: irdeto, seca, viaccess, seca/via, via/seca, custom 1, Wizja(CWK), MTV(CWRK) and it's very interesting to note that these last two - new under v0.17 - seem to be aimed at cryptoworks...)

EMU = off (if "on" this means the internal Irdeto/Betacrypt card emulator will be used instead of any inserted card of whatever flavour)

Tests done: card/cam initialises ok on either a Mediaguard or an Irdeto channel; switch Irdeto to Mediaguard channel ok, and vice versa.
No autoupdate tested, so the ECM and/or ALL-ECM parameters may yet need to be set properly for that. But without autoupdate at least, those parameters had no effect.

2old

habib2535

Reaction score
2old

Please, excuse again the following trivial question from the beginner that is me.

I just flashed yesterday an Irdeto 4.7SE Allcam with a FreeCam2 v017. The flashing went OK. I then put the Cam into my Echostar AD3000 IPV device (with no card). The Betacrypt and Irdeto channels are working fine. But Seca and Viaccess channels are not working. I went this morning reading the "readme.txt" document that goes with the .bin file. The document is talking about the "goodies setting" to activate/desactivate Seca & Viaccess (ALL-ECM, ECM, EMU).

My question is : where do I find / set-up those parameters ? On the laptop ? on the Echostar menu ? else where ?

Thanks..

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The "goodies" menu is an option in the menus that are displayed from the CAM menu on your receiver.
The receiver's CAM menu is not determined by the receiver itself. It is determined by the firmware in the CAM. So the menu displayed by your receiver when a FreeCAM is inserted will include a 'goodies' option, even though no such option is seen when a standard (unflashed) or 46/47se Irdeto CAM is inserted.

From that on-screen goodies menu you can use you remote to set all the parameters I descibed in the earlier posting above. Just move to the relevant parameter field and press ok/select to cycle through its possible settings.

2old

malcol27

Reaction score
I was able to clear Ir*** and se***** with those files, but no Vi****. Im going to work with the files a bit more and then see if I can get the latest version of Funcard 3in1 to work. Your information about cam settings was most useful! If you have any more info about freecam settings and 3in1, please post it!

habib2535

Reaction score
2old

Thanks...Yes I found it...I new I was stupid...

Anyway IT IS WORKING fine with WB(Irdeto, Betacrypt, Viaccess, ...). This is just GREAT !

Thanks again 2old

zoran

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
I have the same configuration as "rhodos" (Nokia 9600 with dvb2000 and a Freecam2 ver 0.17) and same problem with entering Keys. I put dvb2000beta05 from http://www.dominance.net/overflow/download.html
After that I was able to enter all (2*3+8*3) the codes correctly as "rhodos" described (in previous versions 18xx of DVB2000 just first 4 digits). Even that I can't see the last 6 or 9 digits when I put the code but after last digit it takes me back to irdeto Freecam 2 main menu - and nothing happened. I couldn't see any new keys entered when I List plainkeys. And appropriate chanell stayed locked (even if I wait more than 15 min..). What I am doing wrong?