Getting a Digital+ spain subscription outside of spain, can anyone help me out?

Frixuelo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hispasat - 30W and Sky+ standard dish
aim for install 85 Dish to 13E and 28.2
Receptors: Sky+ and Technomate 5200
My Location
East Anglia
Markjose said:
You have most of europe on 19.2e have a loook for what you want and 28.2 is just sky, however if after digital plus don't bother, i have a digital plus subcription but i have a very strong spanish family overthere.
. [/U]

Now we are talking !! Thank you very much. I have relatives there too, also NIF, bank account and address. I am just going through the fine details to make sure I dont make a expensive mistake.
So, basically you set up a contract in Spain and you brought the box, right ??
I hear that you need to tell them which satelite you are going to use, Is a requirement to have the box conected to the phone line?
Did you have any problem ? Any advised or recomendation?

Many thanks

Frixuelo ( means the same as filloa but,. it is use in the astur-galaic borders ):)

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 ..... No fixed location
My Location
Monmouth
Frixuelo said:
Now we are talking !! Thank you very much. I have relatives there too, also NIF, bank account and address. I am just going through the fine details to make sure I dont make a expensive mistake.
So, basically you set up a contract in Spain and you brought the box, right ??
I hear that you need to tell them which satelite you are going to use, Is a requirement to have the box conected to the phone line?
Did you have any problem ? Any advised or recomendation?

Many thanks

Frixuelo ( means the same as filloa but,. it is use in the astur-galaic borders ):)

ahhhhh you a gallego ?

the best way of doing it if you get them to instalation the certain address in spain and take the system home apart from the dish but i think they may install on 30w this is because my system is on 19.2e but it would of been on 30w if i did not have a appartment block in the way. just follow all procedures like you are going to use it in spain very simple, also you would need to hablando espanol perfecto :).

any other questions ?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Markjose said:
you would need to hablando espanol perfecto :).
There's plenty of stuff in English on there.

patmartin008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minisdish and Technomate 1500 receiver.
My Location
London, England.
Thanks for all the info posted above. I am looking to buy a Digital + package soon as I have an address and bank account in Spain and my wife (Gallega!) has her DNI card ... is that the same as an NIF?

My Sky minidish used to pick up D+ channels on my Technomate 1500 receiver (when Nagra was cracked) so can I presume that the dish would still do the job providing I bring the new receiver and card from Spain?

My last question is about the card itself. Does anyone know how often they are changed? I've heard that D+ change them every 6 months.

Thanks for any feedback on the above questions.

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 ..... No fixed location
My Location
Monmouth
patmartin008 said:
Thanks for all the info posted above. I am looking to buy a Digital + package soon as I have an address and bank account in Spain and my wife (Gallega!) has her DNI card ... is that the same as an NIF?

My Sky minidish used to pick up D+ channels on my Technomate 1500 receiver (when Nagra was cracked) so can I presume that the dish would still do the job providing I bring the new receiver and card from Spain?

My last question is about the card itself. Does anyone know how often they are changed? I've heard that D+ change them every 6 months.

Thanks for any feedback on the above questions.

Good times when nagra was cracked, i am guessing you are pointing at 19.2e then, if you can recive 30w it would be better to point your dish to that direction and depending on where you live in the U.K you can get the signals on a zone 1 if not a zone 2 will be needed.

Chazz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Televes FSM 500 & H45 Analysers
2m IRTE, 1m25 Gibertini
My Location
Andalucia, Spain
If you don't have a NIE then they'll accept a passport number from any country...many ex-pats living in Spain have subscribed without a NIE or NIF.

abbaia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m dish 1 sky digibox 1 clarketech 2001
My Location
italy
really? so let me know how to get for me too...
thanks

redout

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish with Motek 2100,
DM 500 & DM 800HD, Vu+ Duo,
Digital+, Sky+, TDT, Saorview
My Location
Dublin
Just to answer some questions still not answered.

1) No phone line connection to the box required.

2) I have had a sub for two and a half years and only one card change which was after about 18 months.