Getting Canal+ and Taquilla in the UK

toepoke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky UK
Sky Italia
My Location
UK
I have had official Canal+ Spain cards for the last two years, which I have bought through suppliers in the UK.

I am desparate to get hold of one that offers me access to the Tequilla pay per view football channels before the start of next season.

I understand that Canal are quite strict about who they supply to, asking for residents numbers, permanent Spanish addresses etc., but there must be a supplier (probably Spanish based), who could supply this.

I have the dish and receiver, so it is only the viewing card I need. I also know that even if I find a supplier, it won't come cheap, but I am prepared to pay a reasonable amount.

Stejc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, Motorised Triax TD88, 45W to 39E. Digital+ HD subscription, TNTSAT HD Card.
My Location
Southport
toepoke said:
I have had official Canal+ Spain cards for the last two years, which I have bought through suppliers in the UK.

I am desparate to get hold of one that offers me access to the Tequilla pay per view football channels before the start of next season.

I understand that Canal are quite strict about who they supply to, asking for residents numbers, permanent Spanish addresses etc., but there must be a supplier (probably Spanish based), who could supply this.

I have the dish and receiver, so it is only the viewing card I need. I also know that even if I find a supplier, it won't come cheap, but I am prepared to pay a reasonable amount.

D+ does not have a package like Sky Italias Calcio package where you can get all the Calcio PPV channels included in a subsciption.

There was a package that gave you one PPV match each weekend, but everything is changing next season and there will be less PPV matches and hopefully the games in PPV will be cheaper with perhaps a Sky Italia Calcio style package.

patmartin008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minisdish and Technomate 1500 receiver.
My Location
London, England.
hi toepoke

can you tell me how/where you bought your package? i am hoping to set this up at home in the UK and was going to order the package in spain then ship it over as i have an address there and bank account.

if i could do it from here and it wasn't too much more expensive that would be ideal.

thanks for any advice you can give.

Stejc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, Motorised Triax TD88, 45W to 39E. Digital+ HD subscription, TNTSAT HD Card.
My Location
Southport
I did it from a friend in Spain, that is the only way to get if for a good price.From dealers I have seen it at over £1000!

toepoke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky UK
Sky Italia
My Location
UK
Stejc - Thanks for your reply. Re. Any idea what the plans are for the new season re. PPV and the new packages?

patmartin008 - Better to get it yourself from Spain as it's hugely expensive over here. I'm pretty sure you need a Spanish address and bank account if you want to order any of the PPV channels.

patmartin008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, England.
thanks to you both.

i saw some prices quoted at over a thousand pounds which i thought was a joke!

with regards to buying the set in spain, do you know how long the card remains active for? do D+ replace the cards during the year?

Stejc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southport
My card hasnt been replaced yet, I will ask my friend and see if he has ever had a replacement except for the obvious Nagra 2 to Nagra 3 swap.

My card is the SECA one though, it doesn't get the HD channels but will work in any box.

For the new season football wise this is planned to happen:

La Liga -
1 match per week on Canal+ on a Sunday
2 matches per week on Futbol+ or another D+ channel (1 will be Barca or Real each week)
1 match per week on La Sexta
the rest on PPV available on D+, price not annouced but cheaper than last seasons 12 Euro.

Serie A-

Split between Canal+ and Teledeporte

Bundesliga-

Canal+

Europa League-

Digital+

Now at this stage we need to introduce GOLTV into the equation, this is currently only available on cable but Digital+ parent company Sogecable and GOLTV's parent company MediaPro are in negotiations for merging their TV interests which would see GOLTV the channel or at least its rights coming to Digital+/Canal+.

Premier League-

TVE and GOLTV

Champions League-

TVE and GOLTV

French, Argentinian, Copa Libertadores, Scottish, Dutch leagues:

GOLTV

patmartin008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, England.
Stejc

Thanks for all the info. That's very helpful.

I'll be getting D+ when I go to Spain next week.

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
I have only had 1 replacement card in 11 years which was when they changed to nagra 3.
I had the full sub which cost me 61e a month without obviously the ppv i have sinced cancelled the card as i didnt think there was much on regarding the premiership were a couple of years ago this card was great.

Stejc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southport
teide_ian said:
I have only had 1 replacement card in 11 years which was when they changed to nagra 3.
I had the full sub which cost me 61e a month without obviously the ppv i have sinced cancelled the card as i didnt think there was much on regarding the premiership were a couple of years ago this card was great.

As I mentioned the Premiership could be coming back this season to Canal+ Deportes. I will post here if I hear anything.

patmartin008 - Remember that a Nagra3 card will only work in an official box but a SECA card will work in any appropriate box / CAM. Ask for which one you want.

rise202

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have:
sky
Al jazeera +1 +2
Canal sat
My Location
Geneva
Hello, I would like to know if on C+ Futbol and C+Eventos, there is an other language than spanish for the commentary of the games?

Thanks in advance for your help

best regards

Stejc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southport
On FA Cup games there is English commentary and on Europa League there is additional commentary in the language of one of the two teams countries language.

Serie A and Bundesliga it is only Spanish 90% of the time although occasionally you get the second audio option with just the ambiance sounds or Italian/German.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite dish pointing to 1 west, 5, east, 13 east, 19 east, and 28.2 east
My Location
Denmark
Hello there

For quite some time now, I have also been looking for a way to subscribe to the digital plus package. However I do not know anyone in spain who can help me unfortunatlly.

So, if anyone inhere should feel like helping out, I am of course willing to pay something extra for your troupples.

If you believe you can help in any way, please pm me.

All the best from Allan