Gigablue Quad image report

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
So I have tried the OpenVix Apollo and openATV 4.2 images on my box.

Both were actually ok, can't complain much about either.

The only difference is that I think the openATV was easier to set up for the internet, but it could be that I am mistaken.

In any case, both were pretty easy to get going - however the OpenVix has one advantage, it had a softcampanel installed that let you download cams, where the ATV didn't.

So after I had the ATV on, I serched for something else and came across a backup of the beta version 4.3 of the OpenATV, which is called "OpenATV-4.3-PimpGigaBlueQuadPlus-Image-by-stony272".

Now that image had a shipload of plugins already installed, softcam manager, and everything needed to have fun.

After I played with it I got everything working :)

So for now I will stay with this one, there are so many things to play with that it will take a few days. Joy!!
srg.jpg srg2.jpg

A nonymous

Reaction score
The IPKs to download the cams are fairly easy to fnd and install on OpenATV. Once the cam is installed the emu panel appears within the menu. I have a tendency to stay away from Backup images, i just like my images setup a certain way which doesn't seem appeal to most people.

The only thing that does my head in about OpenATV is the default location for the emu files. Its easy enough to change i know but it still bothers me.

Is the emu panel still on the red button or have they put it back on the blue button like everyone else?

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
If you had asked i could have sent you the OpenaTV softcam feed.ipk install this and it then places the softcam feed in the download plugins no need for installing separate cams.

I dont agree with the default location of the emu files as at least with OpenATV everything you need to place anywhere is all kept in the /usr/keys folder instead of 1 file in /usr/keys and then another file in /etc and then another elsewhere, they kept it simple.

I agree with the Backups i dont use them myself i would rather start with a nice clean base image

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Yes, I usually don't use backup files but as I did not have the feed.ipk and wasn't sure where to get it I jumped onto the first image that had it all. And, although I think it is overloaded with stuff I don't really need it is good to see what is actualy available. So, what do I need to install the feeds file?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, when you are young and inexperienced one might be better served by an older experienced flash than a virgin :-whipb