Just Sharing This H9S - Evaluation and Images

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Over the next few days I will be compiling a couple of reports on the images beyond OpenATV that was installed in the receiver I have on the work bench.

I currently have PureE2 installed, but believe it needs a lot of work to make it a useable image, but early days.

One thing I've got an issue is with the WLAN, which I cannot enable under the Pure system , no matter which menu subsection I explore.

Any clues ?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Additionally (it could be my other kit on the workbench) but the audio levels are somewhat lower than anything else connected to the same HDMI cable, or the terrestrial signals through the TV RF input.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
OK, enough of Pure, it's almost unworkable, the channel listing is the worst I've seen and I tried everything to enable the WLAN last night with no success.

Where can I download Hyperion (without subscribing )?

Does anyone know of a dualboot for the H9S since I would like to retain OpenATV as a comparison without reflashing each time.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
According to this link (in Polish) there is a multiboot - X3 - for the Zgemma, though I need to install a micro SD card to increase the memory.

Will delve further tonight.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
OK, enough of Pure, it's almost unworkable, the channel listing is the worst I've seen and I tried everything to enable the WLAN last night with no success.

Where can I download Hyperion (without subscribing )?

Does anyone know of a dualboot for the H9S since I would like to retain OpenATV as a comparison without reflashing each time.
youre supposed to install a channel list of your preference - thats not an image issue really, just a personal preference

i recommend installing CATSEYES channel list.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
youre supposed to install a channel list of your preference - thats not an image issue really, just a personal preference

i recommend installing CATSEYES channel list.
I started by storing four satellites from the list on the arc, but found there was no way of selecting unless I went down the whole 2400 channels. I couldn't find an 'alphabetical' button to make things easier either.

I now have a download link for Hyperion 8, and will pull the 8GB micro SD card from the cat camera in an hour or so.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
press down on the remote, and then green, choose the sat -then left and right to scroll through - standard on any E2 image

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
press down on the remote, and then green, choose the sat -then left and right to scroll through - standard on any E2 image
Not on the version here, no alphabetical search at all. The colour buttons are identified on the right hand lower side of the screen, but there is no legend below them.

Anyhow I've moved onto Hyperion to check if it is any better, new thread.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
So, I thought I would look for something different as Hyperion 8 wasn't doing what I wanted.

I found OpenPLi had a firmware upgrade and managed to install about an hour ago, but........

The remote control is dead as a dodo. Will have to take apart since it's not a stuck button or batteries.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Just installed Egami 10.0 and scanning some available satellites tonight.

So far so good, and will check on blindscan tomorrow, along with the sensitivity.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Btw the remote issue is down to the angle of the receive window in the stb. I had it on top of the shelf (on it's side) and so it wasn't seeing the remote.

Live and learn

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Initial reports are good, the interface is similar to 9.0 though it took me three attempts to set the positioner controls, which led to a number of 'Python' crashes. (keep it simple and organise only the satellites required in the list)

I may have to hop onto the roof later to realign the dish as the Eastern birds aren't doing what I thought.

What is nice is the loss of the earlier 'dish moving' message that sits on top of the main menu.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK
Initial reports are good, the interface is similar to 9.0 though it took me three attempts to set the positioner controls, which led to a number of 'Python' crashes. (keep it simple and organise only the satellites required in the list)

I may have to hop onto the roof later to realign the dish as the Eastern birds aren't doing what I thought.

What is nice is the loss of the earlier 'dish moving' message that sits on top of the main menu.
thats just a setting in the menu's - pretty standard on E2

antrabe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox7080 dm900 viark droi
My Location
spain
Its the few images i didnt test because not exist for gigablue trio but after test almos all the best for me at least is hdfreaks.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
thats just a setting in the menu's - pretty standard on E2
No it's not. There are two conflicting menus in Egami, have you installed it ?