Newbie Here Help please, Dreambox 800hd lost signal showing wrong time1st Jan 2000

hemtglass

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 800hd 1.2m dish
My Location
London e17 uk
No problem, whatever the "boss" says/No problemo, lo que diga el "jefe".:D

OK
a5995.gif

According to image, look for the disc topic in "Devices Manager", do not format, or initialize (care).
You have to create a new mount point (Mountpoins).
For the discs it is "/media/hdd"
OK/confirm
, receiver is rebooted and you already have the disc ready to operate, , normally if you already have something recorded, press the "video" key to enter the disc so you can select what you want to watch.
---------

as long as its only one boss, si?

OK its my recess time again......................I think :)

first thing I have to mention, this hard disc bought 2009/2010 for the receiver, when I couldn't get it to work I formatted it in windows OS and used it to save some MP3s, all now moved to another, so empty, but still formatted.

"look for the disc topic in "Devices Manager", do not format, or initialize"
I found the disk in device manager. (dident see (rt click??) option to format or initialisize it) (didrnt want to).

"You have to create a new mount point"
with pictures you can see what I see, so at this point it may be usefull to add a few.

I note in main menu/main menu 8 icons on left pic, only 8 on right side.
main menu/setup, 6 icons left only 5 on right side

Main / infomation/hardware/ mount points ( just gives information, no action options

Attachments

• IMG_1250.jpg 501.jpg
    IMG_1250.jpg 501.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1252.jpg 502.jpg
    IMG_1252.jpg 502.jpg
    550 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1253.jpg 503.jpg
    IMG_1253.jpg 503.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1254.jpg 504.jpg
    IMG_1254.jpg 504.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 5

Tururu

Assembled with recycled parts
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm motorised dishes(98x90)+fixed+multiLNB+24Unicable.
Currently 56 satellites, 61°West to 57°East.

Octagon SF8008 4K Twin, VU+Duo², VU+Ultimo4K.
Recycled as the owner.
My Location
North of Madrid (28703 Spain) -3Km of IKEA (40.545847, -3.612012).:-)
Error for my part, I assumed that the disk had already been working for some time, with the format it has now, it is not useful/valid for DB800.
You will have to initialize the disk in the receiver, then format and restart.
Depending on the image you mount it alone or you will have to mount it.
The menus you show, no idea where it should be, look at the blue panel (BLUE - Panel), you can also look at Setup.
----------
Error por mi parte, di por supuesto que el disco ya lo tenias funcionando hace tiempo, con el formato que tiene ahora, no es util/valido para DB800.
Tendras que inizializar el disco en el receptor, luego formatear y reiniciar.
Segun imagen lo monta solo o tendras que montar.
Los menus que muestras, ni idea donde tendria que estar, mira en el panel azul (BLUE - Panel), tambien puedes mirar en Setup.

img_a8203.jpg
a6776.gif

What you do not tell, what I will have to guess.
Lo que no cuentes, lo tendre que adivinar.

Last edited:

hemtglass

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 800hd 1.2m dish
My Location
London e17 uk
Tururu I sense that you grow weary ::-deadhorse

The last time I met that lady, she had a beard, and she asked me.
hemtglass have you got a DREAM? :)

OK Tururu
I thought all setups in dreambox was via menu/setup (wrong)
In blue panel I initialized/formatted the HD and mounted it,
restart.
can see disk in device manager, it is mounted.

showing in mount points
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 (used 0%)
mounted on (media/hd)
size (total 146.7gb used 128.2 mb free 146.6
type (ext3)
options (rw)

tried to record, I got error
"No HDD found or HDD not initialized"

PS:
I pressed video button and found this window below (and i wonder if its related to the error)

"please sellect the movie path hdd/movie"
hda
hda1
harddisk
internal flash

bookmarks -cancel/ok/ / remove bookmarks

Tururu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

Recycled as the owner.
My Location
Remember this part/Recuerda esta parte.
=======================================
Depending on the image you mount it alone or you will have to mount it.
Segun imagen lo monta solo o tendras que montar.
=======================================

The disk for the data that you indicate, does not have correct assembly point, it would have to be like /media/hdd.
El disco por los datos que indicas, no tiene punto de montaje correcto, tendria que estar como /media/hdd.

Foto.
DB800HD_disco.jpg

With what you have little more I can say, problem of the image, you do not do it correctly.
It is initialized and formatted, but you do not say anything about the mount point.
------
Con lo que tienes poco mas puedo decir, problema de la imagen, no lo haces correctamente.
Esta inicializado y formateado, pero no dices nada del punto de montaje.

PS: To clarify a topic more, only themes of free/fta channels, ($) are topics that never deal.
PD: Aclarar un tema mas, solo temas de canales libres/gratis/fta, ($) son temas que nunca trato.

hemtglass

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 800hd 1.2m dish
My Location
London e17 uk
Tururu
One big problem is that the user manual does not have instructions about assembly points, I have used the blue panel for formatting/initialize etc, the knowledge that you have got "black hole" etc is not in user manuals, and outside of my knowledge range.
Thanks to you I have been able to understand a lot more than I did before, it is not perfect but for a newbie novice its a big improvement, and I am grateful.
You, I have no doubt a professionel, You are not using the same software/image/enigma that I am using, but you were able to help thank you.
"The disk for the data that you indicate, does not have correct assembly point, it would have to be like /media/hdd."
my understand that to mean that I create two folders "media" and "hdd", In windows 7 I would rt click / new folder/ rename and somehow link it to hard disk, matters like that I haven't got a clue, and maybe you can do these tings in black hole.
Also ( I apologize if I am wrong) I think you may be hinting that enigma is not very good to make hard disk work properly.
I have looked at a Youtube video black hole and dreambox the screen has English but the person speaking a east European language, and it all looks very very complicated, and I get the impression that in the unlikely event that i could down load and install black hole, It would clear the settings that i have, and I would have to learn how to use it , (but too late, I would be up the creak in a boat without a paddle)
So I conclude, If I want to do this I would have to get a professional , (the Installer that set this all up "Romanian guy" was a wizard in anything satellite, he did things with such speed, it was impossible to keep up.
So not having HDD recorder is not a disaster, and I have maybe got as far as was able to (with the software and my knowledge/enigma weakness)

thanks again/patience , been a great help

PS will set movie path to harddisk and if it still dosent work, format/initlize again if not work will call it quits "

please sellect the movie path hdd/movie"
hda
hda1
harddisk

Tururu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

Recycled as the owner.
My Location
Select "harddisk" and see if it records, lucky.
It is the path that the receiver selects to make the recordings on the hard disk, normally if everything is correct, the folder is created alone.

Some images I remember, do not create the folder, using Flashfxp (or another similar program), you connect to the receiver for port 21 (user and passwd you have), if it is well mounted the hard disk, in the media folder, you will have a folder that puts hdd and inside movie , It checks the attributes, it has to be with 755.
If you do not have the movie folder, create it, do not forget to put the directory attributes to 775.
---------
Selecciona "harddisk" y mira si graba, suerte.
Es la ruta que selecciona el receptor para realizar las grabaciones en el disco duro, normalmente si todo es correcto, la carpeta se crea sola.

Algunas imagenes recuerdo, no crean la carpeta, usando Flashfxp (u otro programa similar), te conectas al receptor por el puerto 21 (user y passwd que tengas), si esta bien montado el disco duro, en la carpeta media, tendras una carpeta que pone hdd y dentro movie, verifica los atributos, tiene que estar con 755.
Si no tienes la carpeta movie, creala, no olvides poner los atributos del directorio a 775.

DB800S-HD_disco.jpg
DB800_disco.jpg

hemtglass

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 800hd 1.2m dish
My Location
London e17 uk
Tururu
I am not doing very well understanding enough to resolve the problem, understanding the mechanics of the software that suppose to resolve the issue.
Difficult to teach an old dog new things (in my 70s),
I have got enough from here to make me happy, and can use the disk to store mp3s
I have spoken to someone in a satellite shop who suggested I bring the dream and he could solve any problem without coming to my home. I may check him out, as it may be worth just paying, and if he cant, then it just may be possible that life still goes on.:)
thanks for solving my problem and upgrading my knowledge.
Given your efforts, think I have let you down somewhat, sorry.

OH for the simple glorious days of Echostar LT-8700 ;)

Tururu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

Recycled as the owner.
My Location
The problem, you did not prepare the equipment, I prepared an acquaintance and that has no solution, everything sounds Chinese.
Finding information is very difficult to be a 2004 team.
The "technician" of the satellite store, in a few minutes leaves it ready.
There is no problem, calm that also I have combed gray hair for years (not so luckily).
I started very soon with these receivers (2000) with Enigma, Enigma2 is more of the same, now with VU+Ultimo4K among others, read a few hours and working.
If you stay active with this or another activity, perfect, is the important thing.
The first satellite receiver bought it in 1984, or 200 channels, it seems it was the other day.
-------------
El problema, no preparaste el equipo, lo preparo un conocido y eso no tiene solucion, todo suena a chino.
Encontrar informacion es muy dificil al ser un equipo de 2004.
El "tecnico" de la tienda de satelites, en unos minutos lo deja listo.
No hay problema, tranquilo que tambien peino canas desde hace años (no tantas por suerte).
Empece muy pronto con estos receptores (2000) con Enigma, Enigma2 es mas de lo mismo, ahora con VU+Ultimo4K entre otros, lees unas horas y funcionando.
Si te mantienes activo con esto u otra actividad, perfecto, es lo importante.
El primer receptor de satelite lo compre en 1984, ni 200 canales, parece que fue el otro dia.

hemtglass

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 800hd 1.2m dish
My Location
London e17 uk
All the best Tururu. Top man, good BB, bad novice (with hair)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

Tururu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

Recycled as the owner.
My Location
.... other seemingly incomprehensible languages are available :rolleyes::-lol
Español ==> Ingles Google traductor ==> igual al Chino.:-rofl2
Spanish ==> English Google translator ==> Equal to Chinese.:-doh

PS:Sorry translations.