Help with dm 600

ZidRoS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600 with enigma, cc camd
My Location
Cyprus
I am using the DM600 for nova greece, and i get an error when i am going to novacinema 1 or the most greek chans. High noise on those, but if for example go on discovery or novacinema 2 or 3, i have perfect picture. I have already replace my LNB, and the power supply. Any ideas?

ZidRoS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cyprus
It was working perfectly b4. Then suddenly, those chans didnt work. Most probably its the tuner. How much it cost to replace it?

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
This pretty much sounds like your dish/LNB is not aligned correctly for the Greek channels. I doubt it is a bad tuner, LNB or power supply. Try deflecting the dish a VERY little at a time in all directions while watching (or get someone) the picture, or even better the SNR while you do this. I bet you will find that when you push it in a certain direction, the picture will improve. these dishes will typically take a reasonable amount of flex without breaking them, so just flex it without loosening the mount, at first.

IMPORTANT: You said you replaced the LNB? If this is the case it might not be the dish is out of alignment, but the LNB might be out of focus. Loosen the clamp that holds the LNB and move it backwards(away from the dish) and then forwards(towards the dish) until you get the best picture. Then tilt it from side to side until you get the best SNR.
LNBs are essentially 4 dimensional:
a. up/down b. left/right(important if you have a multi-lnb bracket or dish has been moved), c in/out from dish(focus the signal) and last but not least twist LNB(clockwise and counter-clockwise) in the bracket.
The last aligns the shape of the receiving antenna with the shape of the reflected pattern from the dish and improves signal quality as it also improves seperation of the Vertical and Horisontal signals. If it is stuck somewhere in the middle you will get a lot of noise.

I hope this helps.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
Look up the channel frequencies and polarisations and compare the channels that work and the ones you have problems with. You can get this info from sites like Lyngsat and KingOfSat or you can read it back from your Dreambox.

Another thing to watch out for: have you placed a DECT cordless phone near your satellite receiver? It can intefere with the signal coming down from the LNB for channels where this happens to be in the same band (1800MHz or so).

ZidRoS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cyprus
ZidRoS said:
It was working perfectly b4. Then suddenly, those chans didnt work. Most probably its the tuner. How much it cost to replace it?

shumifan50 said:
This pretty much sounds like your dish/LNB is not aligned correctly for the Greek channels. I doubt it is a bad tuner, LNB or power supply. Try deflecting the dish a VERY little at a time in all directions while watching (or get someone) the picture, or even better the SNR while you do this. I bet you will find that when you push it in a certain direction, the picture will improve. these dishes will typically take a reasonable amount of flex without breaking them, so just flex it without loosening the mount, at first.

IMPORTANT: You said you replaced the LNB? If this is the case it might not be the dish is out of alignment, but the LNB might be out of focus. Loosen the clamp that holds the LNB and move it backwards(away from the dish) and then forwards(towards the dish) until you get the best picture. Then tilt it from side to side until you get the best SNR.
LNBs are essentially 4 dimensional:
a. up/down b. left/right(important if you have a multi-lnb bracket or dish has been moved), c in/out from dish(focus the signal) and last but not least twist LNB(clockwise and counter-clockwise) in the bracket.
The last aligns the shape of the receiving antenna with the shape of the reflected pattern from the dish and improves signal quality as it also improves seperation of the Vertical and Horisontal signals. If it is stuck somewhere in the middle you will get a lot of noise.

I hope this helps.

I didnt do it by my self. I have bring the technician (and i pay for it) who has everything he needs to align correctly the dish. I guess he knows what he is doing..

ZidRoS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cyprus
easysat said:
Look up the channel frequencies and polarisations and compare the channels that work and the ones you have problems with. You can get this info from sites like Lyngsat and KingOfSat or you can read it back from your Dreambox.

Another thing to watch out for: have you placed a DECT cordless phone near your satellite receiver? It can intefere with the signal coming down from the LNB for channels where this happens to be in the same band (1800MHz or so).

-http://en.kingofsat.net/pack-nova.php

Looks like that they are on a different frequencies.
About my cordless phone its at least 3 meters away from the receiver. The Cordless receiver even like 10M.

I have found a compatible tuner for my DM600, and its easy to replace it, but its this the problem?

ZidRoS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cyprus
easysat said:

From what ive seen the problematic channels are on 11823.00 H, and the other that are working fine are on 10930.00 H. I have found here in Cyprus a compatible tuner, that i can easily replace.

From what u can see cordless phone is not an issue.

Any more ideas?