scubaboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7020
Lenovo i3 Laptop 4gb ddr3 500gb hdd
My Location
Malta
Hi all,

I have managed to reflash my 7020, with loads of different images then decided on pli jade.

The Image is on fine, my location has been set and i have put on the V-hannibal epg set (think this is what was needed)

My Dish is a 1.1M motorised and I live in Malta, 14.523E 35.822N according to my GPS. dish was set up previously and was working but for some reason nothing is working now. I should at least get the FTA Channels i.e. rai 1, etc... but it seems my dish isn't moving when the box says it needs to move.

Is there something i need to set that i am missing ???

So Just to confirm:

DM 7020 - 120GBhdd
Motorised 1.1M Dish
Pli Jade Image
V-Hannibal Bouquet

Help please

SCuBa

> )))*>

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
GoToX doesn't always work on older Dreamboxes with all images, can you move the dish using go East and West?

scubaboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7020
My Location
Malta
Thanks for the reply Rolfw...

to be honest i don't know what you mean... I am very very new to this and trying my hardest to get it working. To give you some background, the dish was installed properly by a company, the DB was setup by a seperate person who would charge me a fee per 3 months if you understand what i mean, now i haven't used this for ages, but we are now living in Malta instead of just holidays, so i thought i would try to put a new Bouquet on it but there was a password.

I then reflashed it with different images and stuck with Pli Jade. I did a transponder scan which had channels come up as the dish at the time was on 9.0E Hotbird. I was getting pictures etc ... I then decided to try DM flash, which flashed the box with enigma 2, this moved the dish and then stopped, i thought i had done something wrong so reflashed to PLi Jade, and then Installed the V-Hannibal Bouquets and all these are showing in the Box... but when it says Moving dish nothing is happening.

On the rotor screen it has two boxes

Motor something or other and when this is ticked it shows a ma rating (Defualt 40ma)
GotoX

Thes i have both ticked at the moment. then i put in my Lat & Lon.

If i untick the gotox it comes up with other info that i can rememeber at the moment

Thanks for your help

SCuBa

>)))*>

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hotbird is 13E, Eurobird is 9E, are you sure you're sending the dish to the correct location?
Have you tried using Diseqc 1.2? You have to manually move the dish, to the satellite, using the Dreambox remote, then store each individual satellite, but at least this will help you see if the motor is still working.

scubaboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7020
My Location
Malta
@ Mickha,

Sorry i did actually mean Eurobird 9E. If this works do you have any other suggestions as there are a hell of a lot of satellites that i would have to try and lock to.

Thanks again

SCuBa

>)))*>

scubaboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7020
My Location
Malta
I have managed to use the Left / Right to move the Dish, and have set Hotbird 13.0 getting 88% Signal. Now the problem is still there as to how to get the dish to move on its own.

In theory the cabling is correct, The Motor is working ok, the DM7020 is working ok....

Do i need to tick the Use Motor input power ?? or just make sure the gotoxx box is ticked ??

Thanks for your assistance

SCuBa

>)))*>

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Have you read any of our guides on how to set up a Dreambox? Some of the information may be out of date but the principles are still the same. There's quite a steep learning curve with a Dreambox - it took me about 4 weeks to get the hang of it and be able to watch TV..