Help with Sat configuration in apartment

Jack187

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM 600 PVR
My Location
Dubai, UAE
I need help from the satellite gurus here...

I few months back, I moved into a new apartment building with a shared satellite connection. The feed comes directly from the roof to a wall socket, which I connect to the receiver.

The problem is, nobody knew what the exact settings are. The original company which installed the system has gone bankrupt. The building management company is clueless. None of the other tenants are interested in getting the correct settings.

I've since brought in 5 different satellite 'technicians' who couldn't figure it out either. I've personally tried dozens of permutations of different settings, sometimes getting a few channels here and there, but never getting the perfect configuration.

As a last resort, I tracked down a former employee who worked for the installation company, who had since moved back to his hometown in India. Over a long distance call, he told me that the settings his company used for all buildings are:

Nilesat - Diseq AA - UNIVERSAL - 22k on - Voltage on
Arabsat - Diseq AA - UNIVERSAL - 22k off - Voltage on
Hotbird - Diseq BB - 10600 - 22k on - Voltage on

Since I'm not interested in Arabsat, I translated the relevant settings into my DM 600 as follows:

Nilesat (7W)
LNB 0 - LoF 09750 - HiF 10600 - Threshold 11700
DiseqC v1.0 - DiseqC Parameter A/A
22Khz On - Voltage H/V

Hotbird (13E)
LNB 1 - LoF 10600, HiF 10600 - Threshold 11700
DiseqC v1.0
22Khz On - Voltage H/V

With that, I got 531 Nilesat TV channels which seems complete.

But I only got 346 Hotbird TV channels.
Their frequencies range from 11747 to 12713. They all have Vertical polarization.

I tried playing around with more combinations of settings until I reached another working configuration:

Hotbird (13E)
22Khz off - Voltage 18v

340 TV channels.
Their frequencies range from 11747 to 12731 and they all have Horizontal polarization.

With both searches combined, I have 686 TV channels, but they don't work at the same time. Vertical channels work with 22k H/V, and Horizontal channels work with 22k off 18v.

So basically, I'm missing hundreds of channels below the 11747 frequency, and I cannot get horizontal and vertical channels working at the same time.

I doubt it's a problem with the Dreambox itself, as it was working perfectly in my old apartment with different settings. I'm using the latest Gemini image with an auto updated satellites.xml

If anyone can figure out what's happening or somehow deduce what the correct settings would be based on the above scenarios, I would be eternally grateful. :confused

merouan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500
My Location
UAE
hi

This is not problem with Dreambox this is satelite configuration problem

I have the same issue

I can list only from one position (H) no signal with V postion at all for me

anyway it better to use one satelite and fix it to your balcony if its allowed for me not allowed at all

am asking if you know some one ho can help me to fix my DM 500 as I lost access to all crypted channels only free TV is there now

I get my DM from my country and now i lost every things

thanks in advanced

you can write me [warning] email address removed [/warning]