Honda Vehicle Clocks

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
And an explanation

Global Positioning Systems measure time from an epoch, or a specific starting point used to calculate time. The date is broadcasted including a number representing the week, coded in 10 binary digits. These digits count from 0 to 1023 then roll over on week 1024. GPS weeks first started on January 6, 1980 before first zeroing out on midnight August 21, 1999. It happened again April 6, 2019. The next happens in 2038.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Certain maritime navigation devices similarly affected

as well as some Inmarsat comms systems in a few months time

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Great way to get out-of-warranty cars and their owners that no longer use main dealer servicing back into the stealership for a free/enforced car health check that inevitably produces a list of expensive things that don't really need fixing.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
There isn't a fix to this one (or at least that is how I read the articles), with the exception of waiting until August when the new epoch appears.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
It may be possible to code the car to accept a manually inputted date (as per lower spec models without GPS), though that assumes there aren't other hardware differences between cars with and without sat nav.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Of course, such pre 2005 cars in the London, Birmingham and soon to be, Manchester and Bradford areas will be subject to the recent expansion of the vehicle clean air emissions tax scheme. As if motoring does not cost enough, a clever scheme to persuade the owners to update their vehicles thus reducing pollution and allowing the government to meet targets. Is that a flying pig I see in the sky
Greater Manchester Clean Air Zone and Financial Support Scheme | Clean Air Greater Manchester

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
Of course, such pre 2005 cars in the London, Birmingham and soon to be, Manchester and Bradford areas will be subject to the recent expansion of the vehicle clean air emissions tax scheme. As if motoring does not cost enough, a clever scheme to persuade the owners to update their vehicles thus reducing pollution and allowing the government to meet targets. Is that a flying pig I see in the sky
For diesels it's more like pre 2015 (Euro 5 and earlier). Nowt but a tax on the less well off.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Greater Manchester Clean Air Zone and Financial Support Scheme | Clean Air Greater Manchester

Unfortunately the country has short memories on how 'governers' of the past screwed them royally and yet they allow the current mayor to walk away with their money :-doh

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
Khan wants to charge even more for the pleasure of driving in London, and then move to pay-per-mile:

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Just another tax on the motorist, no differentiation between leisure and essential travel.

Nothing new from this mayor.