hop 2 working better than hop 1

shanamat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm600 pvr
My Location
scotland
First off im a complete newbie with boxes so go easy on me with techie Q's ;)

i've been given a cline to connect direct to a server, there's only 4 or 5 people of the server (ubuntu)

when i put in my cline my picture is either freezing or pixalting (is that a word ?) with this cline im 1 hop away

so i was given another line which is 2 hops away and this works 100 % better than my original line

im using a dm600 pvr with a pli jade2 image on it

can anyone shed any light on why the line that is 2 hops away would work better than the one thats 1 hop away

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
shanamat said:
can anyone shed any light on why the line that is 2 hops away would work better than the one thats 1 hop away

I am not a dreamer but from what I understand there is a way of masking how many hops are taking place and reporting just one hop to the next in line, so although you are reading 1 hop it could in reality be 100 hops and you could be tied into a mafia controlled C/S ring who will be arriving on your doorstep to demand their money. ;)

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
There could be another slightly less cinister explanation.

The server you are connecting to is running NewCS / CCcam.
The card is hosted in NewCS and shared via CCcam, therefore you see it as 2 hops but as NewCS and CCcam are on the same machine it isn't actually a hop at all and therfore it performs very well.

Take 0961 and 0963 for example, sly UK. 0961 old card will run direct in CCcam, 0963 will not ( yet ) and therefore is hosted by NewCS. Users may see this as 2 hops but the new card is so much faster than the old one it performs better.

shanamat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm600 pvr
My Location
scotland
thanks topper i'll look forward to the visit ;)

@ B16MCC yea the server im connecting to is running the way you said, its ****** **** server and he followed your guide to set it up, after a lot of trial and error its up and running perfect with only 4 or 5 peeps on it, he's on holiday the now but he left remote access to someone to get onto his server, when my line didn't work the dude with remote access made another Fline then sent me a cline as a reshare, that one works ok

i'm probs talking through a hole in my hat but i think thats what he told me and he said he couldn't understand why im getting a better connection with the new line that he made me

anyhow since posting ive now jumped out of the frying pan and into the fat and im attempting to flash pli jade 3 on the box so its now went from crap piccie with original cline > better piccie with reshare line > no piccie at all :-rofl2 if by some miracle i get this image up and running i'll report back with more questions, jeeez hope you lot are ready for me :p

shanamat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm600 pvr
My Location
scotland
thanks for the edit B16MCC, typical me, type first think later

update on my box, put pli jade 3 on it and CCam 2.1.1 its now working perfect and freeze free :-worship