Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PentiumD 3.04 GHz
1GB DDR2 RAM
250GB HDD
Skystar2 DVB Card
My Location
jORDAN
Hello everybody, I have this problem with hot bird satellite.
I noticed that the problem started when summer began. All channels have no signal during daytime, and they all work back correctly at night.

Is there any solution for this problem, or is it a sun/ionosphere... thing

Please note that I didn't install any new wireless hardware, I only have a TP-router and a 2.4Ghz cordless phone that are always on.

Thanks a lot

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ah a common problem in hot climates - its probably the lnb failing. It drifts out of tolerance as it heats up then drifts back in as it cools down at the end of the day.

You can test it easly enough - wait till the pics have gone then throw a couple of mugs of cold water over it. If they come back the lnb needs replacing.

In hot climates the lnb's often only last 2-3 years.

Another possibility is spiders under the lnb cover. They head out to hunt in the evening!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I agree with all that AS has quoted but would add another one, if the cable is exposed to the sun and is black it could be heating up and restricting the signal path, conductivity of the cable decreases as the temperature increases

bobkis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PentiumD 3.04 GHz
1GB DDR2 RAM
250GB HDD
Skystar2 DVB Card
My Location
jORDAN
Thanks a lot everybody for your quick replies, I will do a couple of tests as you stated and will let you know what happens.

goldman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i have a dream box 7000s
My Location
tunisia
we should use a bigger dish

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
goldman said:
we should use a bigger dish

Not in this case - he gets good signal at night:

bobkis said:
All channels have no signal during daytime, and they all work back correctly at night.

therefore hes got plenty of signal. All the new Hotbirds have signal coverage well into the Middle East.

bobkis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PentiumD 3.04 GHz
1GB DDR2 RAM
250GB HDD
Skystar2 DVB Card
My Location
jORDAN
Hello everybody, I have checked out the connections and found out that the coax coming from the DiSEqC to my house is black, and it has some cuts at several points that are full of asphalt-rubber material that is already spread on the roof for insulation purposes. The asphalt turns into liquid when the sun rises.

But what is weird is that I also have a Nilesat LNB that is connected to the same DiSeqC and the same black coax. All Nilesat channels are working perfectly throughout the day.

What made me sure that the LNBs are working correctly is that another DVB receiver is connected to them (they are dual LNBs) through another coax and both satellites are working fine.

I tried to clean the cable but the asphalt is already inside the cuts and is impossible to remove.

Any suggestions?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You need to replace the entire cable run.

If thats not feasible then relpace the length across the roof - making sure the join s waterproofed properly.

Join the cable using an f-connector barrel type back to back connector.