How can I get total tv in the UK???

Karl41

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have sky tv setup but not in use, desktop computer daul core processor, 1.310 terra bits in total hard drives, 1 gig ddr2 video card, 2 serial ports, 2 gigs memory
My Location
Ipswich, uk
I been searching the web and can not get the find the answer easily.

I live in Ipswich UK and like to setup a Sat. system to receive Total TV Serbia is this possible?

If so what is required for either paid subscription or can I get total tv serbia on a free to air with all the channels wide open.

total tv is on theses birds:Total TV on Eutelsat Sesat 1 & Eurobird 16 & Eutelsat W2M at 15.8°E

The house has sky tv so the existing setup is here but like to receive total tv serbia instead.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well you would have to realign your dish (assuming it is big enough) to 16 East then get the appropriate stb and subscription card, I would have thought a separate dish would be more cost effective, then at least you could maintain the UK free channels for others. As Total TV package appears to be encrypted in videoguard, you have no chance of anything in the clear for nothing.

Karl41

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have sky tv setup but not in use, desktop computer daul core processor, 1.310 terra bits in total hard drives, 1 gig ddr2 video card, 2 serial ports, 2 gigs memory
My Location
Ipswich, uk
what size dish would be required for receiving TOTAL TV?
Is it legal to bring total tv system back from Serbia to the UK or can I buy the system in the UK with a legal subscription?
If so where?

Karl41

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ipswich, uk
What size dish would it require to get good reception?

Is it legal to bring total tv sytem into the UK? or is it possible to purchase a total tv system in the UK with a full legal subscription?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The legalities are a minefield - but suffice it to say that as an individual your participation is not of great consequence.

Dish sizes for reliable 16E reception need to be much greater than any Sky dish, possibly in the region of 1m or more.

As for acquiring a subscription, you might look at Ads. from our Forum Sponsors. At least one of them is likely to be able to help.

Karl41

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ipswich, uk
I could always get Total tv in serbia with a paid sub and just bring the card to the uk, maintaining a paid sub from here...
for a full package total tv is far cheaper then Sky or other providers ...I am looking for my wife is Serbian and my father in law is arriving coming to UK for 6 months so be nice to have it for him also..

Only is without a receiver for the card I would have to ask what receiver would accept a total tv card?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Get the box and card from Serbia, the cards are paired with the receiver, and can be done by the dealer in Serbia I believe. The boxes are provider specified.

It probably can be done with a Dreambox, but probably more hassle. You need at least a 1m dish, some channels on the package use pretty gutless TP's

( I have fitted two dishes for this package, to connect to receivers from Serbia)

For personal use, the legalities are of no consequence.

If you go to the Total TV site, you will see that you can buy a subscription anywhere in Europe for the package legitimately, but it is a heavily cut-down version of what is available in Serbia.

Karl41

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ipswich, uk
thank you

I will get receiver and card and a motorized lnb in serbia purchase 1m dish in UK..I can do a sub in serbia no problem, family is there iin Serbia so monthly payment easy to do.plus can pay online to my account in serbia

Total package for Total tv is around 36 to 40 euro per month far cry from the cost of SKY or cable providers here in the UK plus I still would receive freeview, new tv has freeview built into it.

i can buy a total tv receiver with card and motorized lnb for 60 euro....