How does the TripleDragon compare to a Dreambox?

martinw01908

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 9100 and 90cm dish motorised
My Location
South East Midlands
Is it easier to stream video from your PC wirelessly to the TV on this than the Dreambox? I could never get that to work on the Dreambox.

The other difference I've seen is that the TD will only store 8000 channels. Is that enough, when the DB has no limit? And how fast is the channel change and general ease of the GUI?

Cheers for any comments

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Not sure what you mean by streaming to the TV wirelessly. You mean a WLAN link between PC and TV?

You can stream video using VLC frpm TD to PC, but as yet not with audio in real time - this is at present being looked into by the developers.

Don't know why they quote a maximum channel limit of 8000. Haven't reached that figure myself, but as it uses Linux I would have thought it would be similar to the Dreambox.

Don't have a Dreambox so can't compare, but the menu system in the TD is excellent and channel selection is reasonably fast.

Llew

martinw01908

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 9100 and 90cm dish motorised
My Location
South East Midlands
Cheers yes that what I meant. Streaming from PC to the TD on the TV via WLAN. I didn't manage to get it working using VLAN on the dreambox. Still considering a reelbox too. What a quandry.