How much is your 7020's network speed?

vda

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020
My Location
UK
Hi There,

I have a 7020 with an Alps tuner in it, hopefully it is a version with fixed network card. However when transferring large files from the Dreambox, the download speed varies between 1 and 3.5 MByte per sec. I have seen many posts where people take a speed of 4MByte per sec as a good/standard speed for the 7020's network card even though it is just about 33% the speed that a 100Mbit card could do.

What made me really confused is - if I remember well - a guy on a Hungarian forum said that his 7020 could do even 7-8 MByte per sec! That speed is still far below what a 100Mbit card is capable of, but certainly is much more better than 4MByte per sec.

I am considering to replace the capacitors to fix my network card problem, but I'd like to ask you guys first what speed I should expect after the fix.

What is your 7020's network speed?

Thx.

vda

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020
My Location
UK
Hi There,

I have a 7020 with an Alps tuner in it, hopefully it is a version with fixed network card. However when transferring large files from the Dreambox, the download speed varies between 1 and 3.5 MByte per sec. I have seen many posts where people take a speed of 4MByte per sec as a good/standard speed for the 7020's network card even though it is just about 33% the speed that a 100Mbit card could do.

What made me really confused is - if I remember well - a guy on a Hungarian forum said that his 7020 could do even 7-8 MByte per sec! That speed is still far below what a 100Mbit card is capable of, but certainly is much more better than 4MByte per sec.

I am considering to replace the capacitors to fix my network card problem, but I'd like to ask you guys first what speed I should expect after the fix.

What is your 7020's network speed?

Thx.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Hi there, let's do 'the math' . 8 bits in a byte, therefore in a perfect world a 100mbit network should move around 12.5mbytes per second. In my experience you won't get even close to this. There are many factors that will slow down a sustained transfer rate. My whole house is wired with cat6 cable using gigabit router and switch and I only get 8mbyte a second between my iMac and either my dm800 or dm8000

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Hi there, let's do 'the math' . 8 bits in a byte, therefore in a perfect world a 100mbit network should move around 12.5mbytes per second. In my experience you won't get even close to this. There are many factors that will slow down a sustained transfer rate. My whole house is wired with cat6 cable using gigabit router and switch and I only get 8mbyte a second between my iMac and either my dm800 or dm8000