how to add channels from the Uk

ubayd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Receiver + Showtime Smartcard + Aljazeera Smartcard
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
I have Showtime here in Egypt and I wanted to know how I can add channels from the UK. Is it possible, and if so, how do I go about adding additional channels from the UK?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hello
Welcome to the forum ubayd

Ok well firstly from your location in Egypt it would be impractical to get the free to air (Freesat) channels as you would need a very big dish in excess of 3.5 mtrs diameter as the Freesat channels are on a spot beam over the UK.
You could get channels from the Southern beams but you would need a viewing card for the these and the ones you could receive FTA are not worth having.

From your My System profile it would seem you have cable, but you do not say what satellite reception equipment you have.... That is what My system is for to let others know so that they can advise you

ubayd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Receiver + Showtime Smartcard + Aljazeera Smartcard
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
Thanks for the reply. I've updated the My System section to my knowledge. I was specifically looking for the Sky free-to-air channels and Sky Sports News. What would I have to do in order to get these channels?

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Welcome Ubaid. Well,its the free to air channels that you need a big dish for. Here in Cyprus we need 3m for bbc,ch4,five. 1.5m for the news channels,some free movies and music channels and a strong ITV and CH4 which need a freesat card. skysports news is not free and is problematic in a lot of areas here anyway.