Humax Settings

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I'm beginning to feel guilty at relying on others to provide settings for my Hummie and would like to learn how to update files myself. I use Humbox for uploading the files, but haven't a clue how to use it to edit them Any guidance on where to find a tutorial would be much appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a word with phillpayne Wolsty, he should be able to come up with something, you are right, it would be a good addition. :)

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400z patched to hot 11.1, v box mrk2, 1.1m triax dish, jeager 12" activator .6 lnb, modified pet123 settings
My Location
kent
hi wolsty,
i have just updated this txt, using the recent italia move, try it out and see what you think.
regards
phil

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
Thanks Phill

I'm working in Luxembourg at the moment, but when I get home I'll give it a whirl.

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400z patched to hot 11.1, v box mrk2, 1.1m triax dish, jeager 12" activator .6 lnb, modified pet123 settings
My Location
kent
ahhh,
thanks wolsty, i was just thinking that no one had commented on it one way or another, be glad to hear your results
phil

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
I'm just going to play with Humbox now. I'll let you know how I get on. At first glance your tutorial looks straightforward and easy to use. Would it be a good addition to Mr Dude's Humax Toolbox?

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
kent
hi wolsty,
it might be an idea, but i wanted to have feed back on it, i have posted this a few times, the original dated from 2002, but had no replies on its usefullness, even though it was downloaded a couple of hundred times on on site alone, so i don't know, it works for me but!!
regards
phil

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
I spent an hour on it this morning, Phil. I was otherwise occupied last night.

It's good as far as it goes, but I hit a problem when I got to the section on what to do if you can't find the frequency. I got as far as 'click on antenna, select the sat name (hotbird)' but then came to a stop. What do I do with 'next right is polarisation select (v)'?

I do a fair bit of writing on a professional basis; if you'd like I can give the presentaion a bit of a polish once we've got the text right. Then I think it should go to Mr Dude.

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
kent
hi wolsty,
i anguished over that section, as it did not flow, but i tried to make it a step by step, i never was very good at punctuation and stuff.
but i think i missed out a step, or did not clarify it very well.

here is the section

if not there,move up to transponder tab and click

right click on the mainpage, and select add transponder
this will appear on the last entry at the bottom of the page

make sure you keep the new transponder highlighted in between the new inputs
move to the top of the page, you will see a row of clickable buttons

humaxsettings---astra---auto---auto---0----0----0----0----hide service

click on the sat name button(usually astra), select the sat name (hotbird)

next right is polorisation select(v)
next right is fec select 3/4
next right is freqency click on it and edit (12034)
next right is symbol click on it and edit (27500)
next right is organiser or net id (64511)
next right is transponder id (6600)

the sections in red should sort it out
regards
phil