Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple dragon & Technomate receivers
Dioblo & Dragon cams &
motorised dish
My Location
UK
Hello,
I would like to know some names of decent wirless bridges that work good with the Triple dragon.So far i have bought a Belkin wirless g and a Buffalo wirless g,but i have managed to set none of them up to work.I have even tried to test them on my xbox 360 and they still havn't worked.Thanks a lot,
Rob

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Interesting you have bought two and neither will work for you, I would be surprised if two of differing makes did not work, indeed I would be surprised if one did not work.
Firstly by what do you understand the term bridge to mean? What are the functions of a bridge in your own terms?

mrgoodall

Rob
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dioblo & Dragon cams &
motorised dish
My Location
UK
Hello Topper,i am trying to connect my Td wirelessly to my pc so i can update without the hastel of connecting my laptop each time i have to update the new keys.I can't get the pc to connect with the Td,i set up the routers exactly as the instructions said but know luck.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Surely any wireless Ethernet bridge will work with the TD?

Search for 'wireless bridge' on _www.triple-dragon-fan.de/board

Llew

mrgoodall

Rob
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dioblo & Dragon cams &
motorised dish
My Location
UK
Helo Llew,Its probably me doing something wrong but ive read lots of stuff and reviews on wireless bridges.I even bought a buffalo wireless g bridge off Hisat and they could not talk me through it so i sold it and got less than half what i paid for it 2 weeks before.Now i have a Belkin bridge and i'm going to sell that soon,i've set it up correctly by the instructions but still cant get my pc to find it.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I can't really help on this m8, as the house is wired for LAN. The only wifi connection I had previously was from my PC to the router upstairs.

Might be worth asking on the aforementioned official site.

mrgoodall

Rob
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dioblo & Dragon cams &
motorised dish
My Location
UK
No problem and thankyou anyway,I'll get there in the end

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Am I missing something obvious here? what has the TD got built in to it to allow it to connect wirelessly to anything, or are you using something like this
What is plugged into what?
If the bridge/router (and as yet we know not which) is to act as a bridge between the pc and the TD what is plugged in the TD to allow it to connect wirelessly to the bridge. Also how does the pc connect to the outside world is that wifi or cable into the router?

A bridge is used to connect an existing ethernet network to another device via wireless connection. A router connects to broadband and a bridge router performs both functions. So what is being plugged into the TD to allow wifi connection?
Or are you plugging the bridge into the TD by cable and wirelessly connecting that to a another wireless router? if you are then you would need port forwarding setting up I believe on the router to the TD

mrgoodall

Rob
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dioblo & Dragon cams &
motorised dish
My Location
UK
Hello Topper,I have a Td plugged into my wireless bridge and my pc is connected to a wireless router.So i am trying to set them up to connect to each other wirelessly.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Whilst I have absolutely no experience of this particular setup of using a bridge I can still possibly shed some light on the subject if you want.

1. Is the DHCP server on the router handing out local IP addresses to equipment trying to connect to it?

2 Have you tried disconnecting your pc cable to the router and connecting your pc to the router wirelessly via the bridge, is that successful?

I do suspect that port forwarding may be required as the router will be unaware of the TD even if the bridge works. Also the bridge is from what little I have read just a plug and play unit therefore does the TD not have to be told that you are connecting a network device to it in a config file somewhere?

Then there is always the possibility that XP SP2 firewalls or your internet security software may have something to do with your problem.

mrgoodall

Rob
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dioblo & Dragon cams &
motorised dish
My Location
UK
No i've checked all that and still no good,thanks for the advice anyway Topper.

supermac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nokia 9600
gbsat
TD
1.2m dish
@mrgoodall:

You need dragontail which connects to your TD scsi port. Then a wireless adapter which connects to your dragontail. I have used an Asus WL-167G but Hisat can give you a list of supported adapters.

Then you need to set up the wireless connection in the Network Setup section of your TD's menu system. I used a fixed ip address for the adapter which was different to the TD's assigned ip address. You don't need to forward any ports since you are behind your router with your TD and laptop. You probably don't even need to forward any ports for internet updates of keys etc since these are initiated by your TD and routers allow anything like that by default.

If its a router problem you have I have used the Netgear DG834G with no problem.

BUT wifi is inherently flaky as you are discovering so I used Netgear Powerline bridges (XE102 or 104) which transmit data around your power cables so then you only need to plug your laptop into one of those. A much better solution!

Hope this helps

supermac