Labgear VHK6 Hybrid LNB not working correctly

Martin Adams

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hebrides LNB to receive Freesat and Sky
My Location
Staffordshire
Have installed a dish with a Labgear VHK6 LNB as want to recieve Freesat and Sky Q, can recieve Freesat fine but Sky Q does not work.When Sky engineer came to fit box and set up said he had no signal on cables so I swapped cables on LNB from Freesat outputs that I knew was working to Sky Q still no signal.What could be my problem with Sky Q outputs and how do I test.Would appreciate some help/advise.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Plug one of the hybrid outputs into a Freesat TV and retune. If you get some channels then you know the wideband outputs are working.

If this is the case then master reset the SkyQ box, from within the installer menu.

Did the engineer temporarily replace the hybrid with a standard twin wideband to confirm the receiver wasn't faulty ?

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
What model is the Freesat box? Are you able to access a non-Freesat mode and manually add transponders? If you connect the wideband H output of the LNB to the Freesat box and search for 12192 H 27500 5/6 DVB-S QPSK it should find channels like DMAX, Food Network & Quest. If it doesn't it suggests the wideband output of the LNB is dead and needs returning.

Martin Adams

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Staffordshire
Plug one of the hybrid outputs into a Freesat TV and retune. If you get some channels then you know the wideband outputs are working.

If this is the case then master reset the SkyQ box, from within the installer menu.

Did the engineer temporarily replace the hybrid with a standard twin wideband to confirm the receiver wasn't faulty ?
Have connected hybrid outputs to freesat tv retuned and got some channels.Did install of dish and wiring myself just needed Sky engineer to set box up told me he had no signal and as it was not there equipment would not touch it, wouldn’t even fit his LNB to check, am a bit stumped as what to do now plus am now in a contract with Sky so need to get this sorted so I can arrange a return visit from Sky to set up box.

Martin Adams

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Staffordshire
What model is the Freesat box? Are you able to access a non-Freesat mode and manually add transponders? If you connect the wideband H output of the LNB to the Freesat box and search for 12192 H 27500 5/6 DVB-S QPSK it should find channels like DMAX, Food Network & Quest. If it doesn't it suggests the wideband output of the LNB is dead and needs returning.
Am using Freesat tv, using non Freesat mode when connected to Hybrid outputs and manually addressed transponder as near to 11306 H 27500 as I could as speced by Labgear Tech and managed to get some channels, am now at a loss what to do to rectify.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Now reset the q box.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
How can you be in a contract when you have not got the equipment onsite, much less viewing Sky's 'content' ?

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Does Sky no longer install their own hybrid LNBs for customers with existing Freesat setups?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They have them, but they are now only four output, 2 universal and 2 Wideband.1605454364153.png