Labgear YHK6 Hybrid LNB

Martin Adams

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hebrides LNB to receive Freesat and Sky
My Location
Staffordshire
Am a electrician and installed my own dish and cabling, got this LNB as want to recieve SKY Q on main TV and Freesat in two other rooms, set dish up using a basic hand held device got Freesat working fine with all channels.When SKY engineer came to fit box said he could see LNB, when I connected Sky Q outputs to my Freesat TV did manage to get a few channels so I would think SKY Q outputs on LNB.Sky engineers will not work on any equipment that they have not installed so need to sort this before I arrange a Sky revisit to fit and set up box.SKY Q IS A PAIN IN THE ASS, any help much appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, so you've connected the two wideband outputs to the Q box and it shows no signal? Wideband outlets are horizontal or vertical and you need to get them the right way around. Did the Sky installer not install the Q box?

Martin Adams

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hebrides LNB to receive Freesat and Sky
My Location
Staffordshire
Thanks for your very helpful reply, didn’t realise Sky Q connections on LNB were horizontal and vertical specific, when Sky engineer did his tests he said he couldn’t get a signal so wouldn’t leave the Sky Q box even though I am now in a contract.Guy was really unhelpful didn’t suggest that I may have connected LNB the wrong way round.Now I know this is probably my issue as when Freeview outputs on LNB are connected directly to my TV all is fine, will book another visit from a Sky engineer.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Swap the cables going into the Q box, it's as simple as that.