LNB change ChannelMaster 1.2m

Pligs76

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
Got my hands on an old ChannelMaster 1.2m with a SMW XL-1000C LNB and an Echostar acuator. Main objective is to get Astra 2D in western Denmark which should be possible with this dish. (see photo)

To optimize the setup intend to replace the LNB with a MTI blue line 0.3 but my question is how do I fit it. Any photos / HOWTO's anywhere? Know the MTI is good for 2D but also for this dish?

Don't have a clue how to set up a motorized antenna, so haven't decided whether to try and get the whole moving thing working. Any tips where I can find a good / simple HOWTO.

What about acuators. Which ones are good, how quick do they move and what price ranges can I expect?

Hope to get a little input.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Jaeger actuators are the best, they are moving the dish slowly, i remember my old 2,4meter dish it took about 1minute from Astra 19,2E to Intelsat 27,5W.

You might look at another solution instead like the H-H mount from Jaeger, you need to buy the mounting plate for it so you can attach the mount.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You will need a C120 flange version of LNB, and then its simply a case of removing the old LNB and polariser from the CM feed and fitting the new one

Use sealant and amalgamating tape on the join and connector

Pligs76

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

@Channel Hopper:
Q1) which C120 flange LNB's are currently topping the "weak signals" favourites list?

The feedhorn seems a bit dirty - but not bended. Is it advisable to replace that too?

Pligs76

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Only if you have another Channel Master one