MRv for use with genuine Sky card?

daKlone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD & Sky+
My Location
West Sussex
I've had to dodge all the tumbleweeds in this section of the forum, as I know that this CAM is very old but I wonder if it is possible to use it to decrypt Sky using a geniune subscription card?

I have one knocking around along with a CAS2 programmer and was wondering if I could use it with a FloppyDTV card to recieve and decode Sky on my PC - using my geniune subscription card. If so, which version of firmware would I need? I have MRv2.25 somewhere I think.

If not, I suppose I will have to shell out for a new Dragon/T.Rex CAM...but what with the Credit Crunch and all... :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
daKlone said:
I've had to dodge all the tumbleweeds in this section of the forum, as I know that this CAM is very old but I wonder if it is possible to use it to decrypt Sky using a geniune subscription card?

As far as I am aware it does not have the processing capabilities

daKlone said:
If not, I suppose I will have to shell out for a new Dragon/T.Rex CAM...but what with the Credit Crunch and all... :)

Looks that way, I think many people would be doing it if it was at all possible

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
New Sky cards are expected to be swapped out in Spring next year - theres no guarantee the new cards will work with any cams

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Analoguesat said:
New Sky cards are expected to be swapped out in Spring next year - theres no guarantee the new cards will work with any cams

So any solution will be very short lived :cool::cool:

daKlone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD & Sky+
My Location
West Sussex
Hmm, as I suspected. Oh well, many thanks for the swift replies anyway chaps. :-worship