Murdoch "trying to engage" with Virgin

Satdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Ireland
Murdoch "trying to engage" with Virgin

James Murdoch said this morning that Sky is "trying to engage" with Virgin Media's management and is "ready to meet in the middle."

"We have been trying to engage with Virgin's management over a resolution for our basics channels," Murdoch told reporters today. "[We are] ready to meet in the middle."

When asked about rumours that Virgin Media is a potential target for a private equity takeover, he added: "Perhaps new leadership would engage in a more real way. We would like to have a more productive relationship with current management."

He also said that Virgin Media management had provided "no meaningful response" to the most recent of Sky's offers.

Regards Satdude.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Satdude said:
He also said that Virgin Media management had provided "no meaningful response" to the most recent of Sky's offers.

Regards Satdude.

Well perhaps the management at Virgin are under instructions from the penthouse suite not to communicate a meaningful response I know I would in their position, make sky squirm a bit and show them where their heavy handed tactics have so far got them and how little they have so far achieved with their quest to make more money.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think you'll find that Virgin are squirming as much as Sky, they actually need each other.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
rolfw said:
I think you'll find that Virgin are squirming as much as Sky, they actually need each other.
I totally agree Rolf they do need each other but someone has to remain poker faced otherwise they may as well play snakes and ladders:p

I do believe it is called a symbiotic relationship, very apt when you read the definition :eek:

1. A close, prolonged association between two or more different organisms of different species that may, but does not necessarily, benefit each member.
2. A relationship of mutual benefit or dependence.

EgyptDUDE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have a 2.40 m Amercian monster + truman Gold starsat + NeotionBox3000 + Mvision + DragonX
My Location
Egypt
will Rupy ever get enough ! O-zzz